Felixstowe

Maersk are now diverting ships due to congestion at Felixstowe.
Some ships are off loading boxes elsewhere and sending them to other ports on smaller feeder ships.
bloomberg.com/news/articles … n-truckers
Some of it is allegedly driver shortage, but sending boxes to smaller ports won’t decrease the number of trucks needed will it? Just end up with same amount of boxes but further away from major railheads??
All means more cost and longer delivery times for UK industry it seems to me.

ZB shambles mate

AS posted on another thread “It’s all going ‘■■■■-up’ at UK box ports and, despite what Boris says, we can’t fix it”

Stupid Brexit.

No better…

Example of the Achilles heel of JIT.

Remember all those warehouses we used to have that are now gymnasiums, blocks of penthouse flats or out of town shopping malls? That’s where we used to put things until we needed them. ‘Transport and warehousing’ used to be painted on so many lorries, now it’s ‘logistics4U’.

Covid and Ever Given blocking the Suez like a football in a toilet et voila, here we all are.

The US can’t get boxes, Europe can’t get boxes… no one’s getting boxes.

Everyone has a supply chain issue.

Just In Time Logistics is not much different from premature ■■■■■■■■■■■ - it ends up with a lack off satisfaction.

Anne Widdecombe for Trade Mistress would solve most of these problems

the maoster:
Stupid Brexit.

Get your own catchphrase.

Franglais:
Maersk are now diverting ships due to congestion at Felixstowe.
Some ships are off loading boxes elsewhere and sending them to other ports on smaller feeder ships.
bloomberg.com/news/articles … n-truckers
Some of it is allegedly driver shortage, but sending boxes to smaller ports won’t decrease the number of trucks needed will it? Just end up with same amount of boxes but further away from major railheads??
All means more cost and longer delivery times for UK industry it seems to me.

The shipping companies have reduced the turnaround time for boxes and are then charging importers the demurrage. Reported in the FT.

Fake news. Dropped an empty MSKU 40ft box today at Felixstowe.

SuperMultiBlue:

High roof?..

We’re saved! YAY!

the maoster:
Stupid Brexit.

It is more to do with people dragging their heels over Brexit Implementation, refusing to change and alter the old system to incorporate the new… “Feet of Clay”, “Knuckledraggers”, and “Malcontents”.

I can assure you that NONE of those people happens to be a Brexiteer. :stuck_out_tongue:

OwenMoney:

the maoster:
Stupid Brexit.

My apologies Owen. I keep doing that. I’ll think up a new one :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

OwenMoney:

the maoster:
Stupid Brexit.

My apologies Owen. I keep doing that. I’ll think up a new one :smiley: :smiley:

Idiotic Brexit?

SuperMultiBlue:

I hope you took a full one away with you?

You say Brexit, I say BS!

They have exactly the same problem in the USA. Please tell me what Brexit (or even Europe) has to do with that?!

I’m hearing that as soon as a container ship gets into the port, the dock workers are extremely slow to unload.

Again - THIS IS IN THE USA!

Remoaners are full of it.

What is the REAL cause of these problems? What has happened to the GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN to cause this?

Don’t say “COVID” or “SUEZ” because that was freaking months ago, and industrial output stopped. We are not seeing cargo ships backing up due to over-supply, so what the hell is going on downstream of the supply side?

Will Maoster get to be as famous as Joe Wicks?
Drivers are jumping up and down, and waving their arms about everywhere!

yourhavingalarf:

SuperMultiBlue:

High roof?..

We’re saved! YAY!

Nope…
“On top of this, there are a high number of empty containers currently sitting at the port. Felixstowe said it is asking shipping lines to remove them as quickly as possible.”
bbc.com/news/business-58888552
SMB is obviously the cause of the whole problem!

I’m merely providing the bullets! :wink:

the maoster:
I’m merely providing the bullets! :wink:

[emoji3]

The story I read on this was that they are at capcity in Felixstowe, due to the amount of time it’s taking for the containers to be collected doubling to 10 days. The reason they are trans-shipping to smaller ships is, they can access the smaller ports that still have storage available.
So can’t be anything to do with Brexit if the containers are already in the UK awaiting transportation.