No more free showers

Seen this at donnington services
£3 to use a shower

What do you expect from those rip off penny pinching 2hats. :smiling_imp:
Just remind me where Pennington MSA is btw.
They should be looking towards easing the driver shortage situation starting with reasonable parking charges for starters, even free parking.

Remind me…

Why can’t they get any lorry drivers again?

It’s this kind of thing that really needs to change in this industry…

If only we had an official organisation to represent us all :unamused:

If you’ve paid for parking, or spent a fiver in the shop, it’s still free.
Is that so bad?

Wouldn’t you rather pay £3 if they were £3 cleaner? Or are they usually spotless?
Are you going to have a shower if not in a 9/11 hr rest (paying for parking anyway)

stu675:
Wouldn’t you rather pay £3 if they were £3 cleaner? Or are they usually spotless?
Are you going to have a shower if not in a 9/11 hr rest (paying for parking anyway)

You can say what you like, showers should be clean as a matter of routine, and they should be free, even as a goodwill gesture.
Some of us refuse to park at these places, if they made them cheaper and more attractive, maybe we would be tempted to park there.
As things are I have a strong aversion to being ripped off, this sort of thing vindicates my opinion on these places.

So whats wrong with charging drivers if they have only stopped for a freebie shower, and nothing else.
Dont want to pay dont stop there again,sure they won`t miss you taking up a space on the park.

Franglais:
Is that so bad?

Because it’s…

The thin end of the wedge. It’s only a matter of time before they start charging for stopping over ten minutes in the lorry park. As usual, the UK haulage industry will play dead ant and just accept it. 4 showers a week equals £12. Multiply that by 45 weeks a year equals £540. Bingo, another weeks work I’ve done for nothing.
Their business won’t fail without charging this. It’s all because Tarquin/Chardonnay has whinged about picking up some plasters or worse out of the shower tray and convinced their ‘team leader’ to do something about it.

I don’t remember being charged in Europe for showers.

To be fair you have to pay to use the toilets, let alone showers, in many/most Continental MSA’s.

lolipop:
So whats wrong with charging drivers if they have only stopped for a freebie shower, and nothing else.
Dont want to pay dont stop there again,sure they won`t miss you taking up a space on the park.

:laughing:
What chance have we got when drivers justify this sort of stuff,.and voice opinions such as this… ffs :unamused:
Aye right, let’s not strive for and expect better conditions and treatment, let’s just settle for ranging from second best to total crap.
Can’t think why nobody wants to be a driver anymore.

Didn’t Moto try this a few years back ?

largebloke1969:

They’re maybe grieved over the free lockdown coffee. :unamused: :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
Is that so bad?

Because it’s…

The thin end of the wedge. It’s only a matter of time before they start charging for stopping over ten minutes in the lorry park. As usual, the UK haulage industry will play dead ant and just accept it. 4 showers a week equals £12. Multiply that by 45 weeks a year equals £540. Bingo, another weeks work I’ve done for nothing.
Their business won’t fail without charging this. It’s all because Tarquin/Chardonnay has whinged about picking up some plasters or worse out of the shower tray and convinced their ‘team leader’ to do something about it.

Generally now you do pay on the continent BUT they are nearly always immaculate and cleaned after each use

robroy:

largebloke1969:

They’re maybe grieved over the free lockdown coffee. :unamused: :smiley:

Many a true word spoke in jest :smiley:

I often would pop in for a shower on route knowing I’d probably end up in a lay-by so in that sense I’d be against it if I was still tramping , but the other way is if I’ve ( company ) have paid for parking why should I have to wait for someone who’s paid nothing .
To be honest with the pay rises we’ve had £3 is a drop in the ocean , , £12 a week , bet a lot spend twice that on there pint /meal at the pub & don’t give it a second thought

Mazzer2:

Generally now you do pay on the continent BUT they are nearly always immaculate and cleaned after each use
[/quote]
Point taken…

Thank you.

robroy:
What do you expect from those rip off penny pinching 2hats. :smiling_imp:
Just remind me where Pennington MSA is btw.
They should be looking towards easing the driver shortage situation starting with reasonable parking charges for starters, even free parking.

Edited it donnington stupid spell check

I stop for a shower before stopping on a night out .
And again next day on my travels
I don’t mind pay at red lion for a shower as there clean well maintained.
But motoway services no as there unclean and useless having wash with 1 hand on the button to keep water flowing

That’s the thing. Clean and well maintained… I’m sure most wouldn’t mind paying more for better facilities. Or could at least understand it…

However that won’t be the nuts of this. Instead you’ll pay your £3 with zero improvement in facilities.