Top service Swansea

Just under 3 week turn around from sending my application, including medical which always needs to be checked, new licence arrived today, they must be prioritising HGV renewals and no compliants here.

Fair play but you must be in a rare group of at least 1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I know several drivers who have been waiting months

Juddian:
Just under 3 week turn around from sending my application, including medical which always needs to be checked, new licence arrived today, they must be prioritising HGV renewals and no compliants here.

Did you do it electronically?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nope, all old school, didn’t know you could do it via the tippy tappy thingy and wouldn’t have the foggiest where to start.

Indeed Mazzer2, i was expecting to be on section 88 for most of the year, really pleasant surprise.

Post my renewal on the 1st September, received email on the 14th to say they have it. Nothing since. No medical issues so should be straight forward.

Did mine on 2nd September. Posted same day. Had an email on 6th September to say they have received it. Heard bugger all since.

Well they’re not prioritising mine - sent 21st July :frowning: My MP even had a go at chasing it up (maybe that’s why I haven’t got it :confused: )

7 months and counting.

Got mine last week and hopefully take me in to retirement only took five months,just glad we don’t work to the same standards or we will be looking for work a bit smartish !

Sorry lads, wasn’t meant as a gloating post hope it didn’t come across as such, no one was more surprised than me when it plopped in the box, fully expected to be the other side of Christmas before it came back, and then you’re always wondering ‘‘did i make an error on the form’’ and 3 months later starting again.

However, i made a mental note to be more in advance next time, the medical your doctor fills in is valid for 4 months, so next time i’m going to get the pack sent early…online application for the pack…so if there’s a delay getting a doctor’s appt you can get that done well in advance and have the form in 2 or 3 months before due.
Was hoping some of you lot had heard good news too.

Don’t see any gloating at all. Nice to hear others people’s experience with DVLA. I did not go to my GP for the medical so maybe that’s holding mine up. I have no known medical issues and as I could go on a Sunday morning for the medical it was more convenient.

I didn’t use my own GP either, they won’t see you in the normal course these days (despite getting paid for being your GP) so buggered if i’m going to stuff something like £150 in their greedy mitt when £uddenly they are available.
I use another GP who does medicals for a reasonable fee, but most importantly knows how to fill the bloody forms in proper like but also is able to access to my records.

Not a medical but when I passed my CE I got my licence back in under a week.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Weird innit, from a week for you to months on end for some with no end in sight.

supply and demand areas maybe ? :bulb:

m.a.n rules:
supply and demand areas maybe ? :bulb:

Could be anything, to know that they must be opening the mail and skimming through the details/medical etc noting the areas.
Whatever the reason glad its done, don’t really want to be relying on section 80 or whatever the number is, i’m not on agency but you never know my lot could finally twig i’m bloody useless and give me the boot, not sure if a new employer would accept that.

Juddian:

I had mine revoked due to a medical issue but was signed off as fit again by a DVLA appointed doctor early in September. Paperwork sent off on 6 September and received my licence back on 30 September so about 3.5 weeks.

sremmus:

Juddian:
J

I had mine revoked due to a medical issue but was signed off as fit again by a DVLA appointed doctor early in September. Paperwork sent off on 6 September and received my licence back on 30 September so about 3.5 weeks.

They must be prioritising HGV licences, can’t work out why some are taking months though.

Glad you’re all fit and on the job again.

According to the DVLA website they are currently processing renewals for vocational licenses from July. A strange entity is DVLA.

Losing the will to live youtu.be/buR9k29KnYI