EVCL Chill

Will this effect anyone here?

More than 400 jobs are at risk as a firm which delivers chilled food to major supermarkets across the UK called in administrators.

EVCL Chill Ltd, which has headquarters in Alfreton, Derbyshire, delivers food to retailers including Asda and Sainsbury’s.

Administrators PwC said acute driver shortages had added to its challenges.

The firm said 650 employees had been transferred “to key customers” but the remaining staff’s future was “unclear”.

Read in full - bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-58689962

Bin Man:

More than 400 jobs are at risk as a firm which delivers chilled food to major supermarkets across the UK called in administrators.

EVCL Chill Ltd, which has headquarters in Alfreton, Derbyshire, delivers food to retailers including Asda and Sainsbury’s.

The firm said 650 employees had been transferred “to key customers” but the remaining staff’s future was “unclear”.

Funny how a larger company buys out a smaller company and then that ends up in liquidation and the new owners have no liabilities for it.

We are taking on their work for the stuff that hasn’t been taken back in house and we need more drivers as it is.

Hearing rumours we will be taking on EVChill drivers from next week as well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The drivers’ continuing ‘service time’ and ‘employment’ with that specific ‘employer’ is at risk but the jobs obviously aren’t in a ‘driver shortage’ environment.
So TUPE or redundancy and start again with the, or a, new employer.

That is good news, knowing there is a good chance of moving straight to a new job will be a load of worry off their minds.

Bin Man:

That is good news, knowing there is a good chance of moving straight to a new job will be a load of worry off their minds.

Well that depends if those drivers want to come and work for us I guess.

I had to go with some drivers to fetch units from another depot on Thurs night. We’ve had a number of extra units brought in from other depots on the last week.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bin Man:

Drivers from NFT Asda join temporary or forever to Asda ,Sainbury to Sainsbury.NFt Rochdale to Wincsnton.Alfreton and Penrith shut down.

Well the company might have gone but the stuff still needs shifting doesn’t it.

Don’t know about other depots, but at Alfreton NFT was a combo of a lot of agency drivers and people who couldn’t get jobs anywhere else. It was noted as a last chance saloon.

Have had to take avoiding action so many times due to the majority of their drivers being unable to comprehend the concept of a giveway at the bottom of the hill or that little island thing you are supposed to drive round near their Alfreton depot (not just cut the entire corner and drive over the bollards) etc…

No wonder they had the crapest pay in an area with a lot of crap payers (a couple still pay 9.50 hour class 1).

trevHCS:
Don’t know about other depots, but at Alfreton NFT was a combo of a lot of agency drivers and people who couldn’t get jobs anywhere else. It was noted as a last chance saloon.

Have had to take avoiding action so many times due to the majority of their drivers being unable to comprehend the concept of a giveway at the bottom of the hill or that little island thing you are supposed to drive round near their Alfreton depot (not just cut the entire corner and drive over the bollards) etc…

No wonder they had the crapest pay in an area with a lot of crap payers (a couple still pay 9.50 hour class 1).

At Was worker at NFT was plenty lady,sloe drivers.But wages at NFT was good.6 years ago basically pay for any depo was about 11p/h plus some shift alowance.Now they get 12p/h.Most contract was 4 on 4 off.Was easy can earn up to 35-40 per years.

Bit late to the party on this one, was my first HGV job out of Penrith, only started 2 weeks ago on agency and only wanted part time, cancelled on me twice, missed a full days pay and said my first day was training as I was with another driver so only paid me £8/hr, never mentioned it before though.
So if they don’t sort my pay out this week I’m afraid my first foray into agency work will be coming to an end, I believe Gist are looking for drivers out of Carlisle but full time. May try one of the bulk hauliers out of Penrith and see how it goes.

Anybody running out of Penrith that can give me any info on any of the companies, jenks, bulmans, john Beaty etc would be much appreciated.

TIA