MAN DAB radio problems

Has anyone suffered from what I’m assuming is poor connectivity problems with their DAB radio? It’s refusing to pick up signals and seems to display the no signal message in the top right of the screen. It’ll be totally silent and then I’ll receive a burst of whatever channel I’m tuned to that last for less than 30 seconds. It’ll then be another hour or so before I get another burst. I’ve tried turning the master switch off for half an hour in the hope that it’ll reset, but to no avail. Any ideas please as my singing voice is shocking and is slowly driving me insane.

DAB radio? :open_mouth:
Think yourself lucky, our lot stlll spec radio cassettes. :smiley:

And window winders? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I know it seems obvious and you’ve already checked, but is the aerial still in place, they can come unscrewed and disappear.

the maoster:
Has anyone suffered from what I’m assuming is poor connectivity problems with their DAB radio? It’s refusing to pick up signals and seems to display the no signal message in the top right of the screen.

My DAB is a bit hit and miss like you describe what i have found is if i get the no signal message i push the next pre-set button then switch back it usually picks up the signal, do you lose reception in hilly areas or all the time?

Try FM.

simple take it back to dealer ad get them to sort it or replace it,personally ive been aloud to put my own head unit in pioneer and get a proper aerail fitted to.can not the one they fit in the daf bloody poor unit totally

If you get on well with the MAN workshop lads they’ll let you into the reset procedure for these, not something i know mate, sorry.
If the reset don’t work and the aerial hasn’t dopped off or the connection come out the back of the unit…not possible given the magic carpet ride i hear you say :unamused: :smiling_imp: …then a new unit it is.

Try a decent station like Planet Rock and it’ll work fine…[emoji16][emoji16] mine does

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Juddian:
I know it seems obvious and you’ve already checked, but is the aerial still in place, they can come unscrewed and disappear.

Yup, aerial service exchanged with one that was in for service. Apparently the one sticking up from the roof is for FM etc, the DAB one is a square box.

Bin Man:

the maoster:
Has anyone suffered from what I’m assuming is poor connectivity problems with their DAB radio? It’s refusing to pick up signals and seems to display the no signal message in the top right of the screen.

My DAB is a bit hit and miss like you describe what i have found is if i get the no signal message i push the next pre-set button then switch back it usually picks up the signal, do you lose reception in hilly areas or all the time?

Yeah I’ve tried flicking through the channels but to no avail. I expect signal drop in the usual places, Tebay, Beattock etc, but it’s everywhere now, even the M25 is a no signal are now.

fingermissing:
Try FM.

That’s never worked from new :confused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

Bin Man:

the maoster:

Yeah I’ve tried flicking through the channels but to no avail. I expect signal drop in the usual places, Tebay, Beattock etc, but it’s everywhere now, even the M25 is a no signal are now.

Doesn’t sound good, what make model is it?

the maoster:

Juddian:

Yup, aerial service exchanged with one that was in for service. Apparently the one sticking up from the roof is for FM etc, the DAB one is a square box.

Never knew that, as always every day is a schoolday.

Could be your having the state propaganda channel as the number 1 station :laughing: :grimacing:

Bin Man:
Doesn’t sound good, what make model is it?

The radio? No idea mate, factory fit. The truck is a 500 xxxxxxl or whatever they’re calling the big cab thingy nowadays.

the maoster:
The truck is a 500 xxxxxxl or whatever they’re calling the big cab thingy nowadays.

The sign…

Of a true professional. :smiley:

Juddian:
Could be your having the state propaganda channel as the number 1 station :laughing: :grimacing:

That’s only there for Ken Bruce and also the sound of the eighties. Otherwise it’s pot luck and I change when adverts come on. I listen to BFBS a lot too.

Or rather I used to :imp: :imp:

yourhavingalarf:

the maoster:
The truck is a 500 xxxxxxl or whatever they’re calling the big cab thingy nowadays.

The sign…

Of a true professional. :smiley:

We’ll continue this discussion tomorrow as I’m pouring you back onto your train! :smiley: :smiley:

we have just had one fitted in a motorhome ,same probs I feel like fixing it with a claw hammer

That’s the last of my problems with the the new man
Try auto braking ! When someone’s turning off in front of you is the only way to stop it by accelerating? Wtf!
Eco mode ■■? Turns off power BEFORE you get to crest a hill causing unnecessary down changes and more fuel
Led interior light keep blowing!
No night heating
B.O.S ! Give me a roadhouse again!