Xpo/premier food tamworth

Anyone know anything about this place have got an interview in a couple of weeks, what’s it like to work there and what’s the wages like, will be leaving a job of 10 years if it seems any good, just looking for a heads up, cheers

I know they’ve made a big play about wages there, something like guaranteed minimum of 930 before deductions weekly. But then you see other xpo sites paying a relative pittance.

Best bet is to go have a look and ask at interview. If you hear alarm bells then avoid it

I’ve tipped there before as I’m somewhere in the XPO/GXO chain now and the H&S bullshine you have to go though at that depot is unreal,I think wages wise a lot of the XPO sites now are giving out decent pay rises as they can’t get drivers,we’ve been taken into the GXO part and been offered a decent one and I believe the others in the surrounding areas have already had a pay increase…

One of the most soul destroying places .As stated above the health and safety nonsense is shocking.I once spent 10 hours on a bay there just to collect 20 pallets onto a 40ft container.They were not too pleased when i said am out of working hours parked there overnignt.

WheelsofCardiff:
One of the most soul destroying places .As stated above the health and safety nonsense is shocking.I once spent 10 hours on a bay there just to collect 20 pallets onto a 40ft container.They were not too pleased when i said am out of working hours parked there overnignt.

Why go on about H&S if you are only collecting,after all you are not there on a permanent basis. Rules are there to protect their workforce and anybody else thats safety conscious,if you dont like the rules simple answer is dont go there again. Same goes for any other places where they have H&S rules,dont like them dont go, pretty sure they wont miss your presence. Many Companies may seem to go over the top,but with the way legal teams exploit every possible angle to put the onus on them for the slightest thing,its obvious a Company is going to protect themselves for any possible come back. As for being out of hours thats not their problem,they don`t know where you started or ran from.and would run out of time before they finished loading you.Did you at any point tell them you needed to be away by a certain time,due to running out of hours. ■■

I’ve noticed the job advertised, few months ago it was £16 - £19ph, now its leapt up to £19 - £26ph.

I was tempted myself…

lolipop:

WheelsofCardiff:

Why go on about H&S if you are only collecting,after all you are not there on a permanent basis. Rules are there to protect their workforce and anybody else thats safety conscious,if you dont like the rules simple answer is dont go there again. Same goes for any other places where they have H&S rules,dont like them dont go, pretty sure they wont miss your presence. Many Companies may seem to go over the top,but with the way legal teams exploit every possible angle to put the onus on them for the slightest thing,its obvious a Company is going to protect themselves for any possible come back. As for being out of hours thats not their problem,they don`t know where you started or ran from.and would run out of time before they finished loading you.Did you at any point tell them you needed to be away by a certain time,due to running out of hours. ■■

Regardless of where you started 10 hours on a bay is ridiculous and a sign of ineffiecency hope they were charged for the wait would have cost them £800 if it was one of ours, once companies know it will cost them they soon speed.

Iandrummer81:
I’ve noticed the job advertised, few months ago it was £16 - £19ph, now its leapt up to £19 - £26ph.

I was tempted myself…

Apparantly it’s £19 an hour until December there’s a £6 an hour bonus to try and keep drivers I suppose then it goes down to £13 odd, woman on the phone said there’s then a pay review, did put me off a bit tbh although decent money to be made until xmas

james42:

Iandrummer81:

I was tempted myself…

Apparantly it’s £19 an hour until December there’s a £6 an hour bonus to try and keep drivers I suppose then it goes down to £13 odd, woman on the phone said there’s then a pay review, did put me off a bit tbh although decent money to be made until xmas

Ahh, I knew there was a catch, seemed to good to be true.

I was looking at the Friday to Monday shift which I believe would of been over 50k… At those rates anyway.

Iandrummer81:

james42:

Iandrummer81:

I was tempted myself…

I was looking at the Friday to Monday shift which I believe would of been over 50k… At those rates anyway.

Ah, pay review… Perfect… Easy get out for when the race to the bottom is on again then!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

KarlM:

Iandrummer81:

james42:

Iandrummer81:

I was tempted myself…

Ah, pay review… Perfect… Easy get out for when the race to the bottom is on again then!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

they were even more blaitent at the depot i worked at a sign went up in the canteen saying wages were going up but as soon as the drivers were allowed back they would be going back to what they were and there wouldnt be a pay increase next year to pay for it.

lolipop:

WheelsofCardiff:

I told them about my hours when i had 5 left they would not listen
You get there uncouple your trailer .They put a lock on your airline and keep the key in the office .You then have to park somewhere in the yard and hand in your keys then sit it the staff room upstairs.

WheelsofCardiff:

lolipop:

WheelsofCardiff:

You get there uncouple your trailer .They put a lock on your airline and keep the key in the office .You then have to park somewhere in the yard and hand in your keys then sit it the staff room upstairs.

You were lucky,I went in Lockdown,apparently doing them a favour loading out of Worksop and running it into Tamworth,wouldn’t let me use vending machines or staff room(due to COVID)and when I asked the location of the bogs they pointed out the two green thunder box’s outside and I supposedly work for them :confused:

Yorkielad:

WheelsofCardiff:

lolipop:

WheelsofCardiff:

You were lucky,I went in Lockdown,apparently doing them a favour loading out of Worksop and running it into Tamworth,wouldn’t let me use vending machines or staff room(due to COVID)and when I asked the location of the bogs they pointed out the two green thunder box’s outside and I supposedly work for them :confused:

They have signs up in the Luton depot saying I can’t use the canteen, so I got myself a coffee :laughing: