Vine (again)

So I’ve just listened to JV trying his very best to be nice to lorry drivers. I sensed it was through gritted teeth though. There was a very nice female journalist who’d had a brief dalliance with class one driving who said it had totally changed her perspective on HGV driving, even going as far as calling us as skilled as astronauts! :smiley: :smiley:

The only fly in the ointment was when he trotted out his tame lorry driver who he always relies on whenever trucks come up. Jeez, this fella can do more in two minutes to reinforce stereotypes and convince the public that we’re all idiots! :imp:

I bet he was being ironic.

You certainly wouldn’t be capable of distinguishing that.

the maoster:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:

Come again?

Fella who was a coach driver has. Obviously fell for the media hype.
I’m on £10 hr a coach driver.
Yet hgvs are on 60 k a year £50 am hour

the maoster:

Oh I dont know. David Icke doesnt hold the patent on it does he?

Cool come back bro

DCPCFML:

the maoster:

Come again?

Do the anti-vaxxers all stay together and support each other when they feel threatened DP? Does it give you all inner strength?

the maoster:
Cool come back bro

I certainly dont want to mess with the anti-vaxxers. They can be quite withering.

the maoster:
So I’ve just listened to JV trying his very best to be nice to lorry drivers. I sensed it was through gritted teeth though. There was a very nice female journalist who’d had a brief dalliance with class one driving who said it had totally changed her perspective on HGV driving, even going as far as calling us as skilled as astronauts! :smiley: :smiley:

The only fly in the ointment was when he trotted out his tame lorry driver who he always relies on whenever trucks come up. Jeez, this fella can do more in two minutes to reinforce stereotypes and convince the public that we’re all idiots! :imp:

I can well envisage the cringefest you underwent with this ocean-going-moron regularly rolled out with matters logistic.In recognition of this… sensibility -assault you exposed yourself too,toute suite l sent a screed to the BBC outlining the suspicious deployments of this cretin while mentioning the need for a more charming and eloquent representative to take up the cudgels,maybe even someone from this very forum with a certain snap in the celery. :unamused:
I await a response. :neutral_face:

He did make me laugh though, when he was saying about how hard reversing is. Hasn’t he read the latest memo? You don’t need to reverse any longer. So Jez baby, come on have a crack.

manalishi:

the maoster:

I can well envisage the cringefest you underwent with this ocean-going-moron regularly rolled out with matters logistic.In recognition of this… sensibility -assault you exposed yourself too,toute suite l sent a screed to the BBC outlining the suspicious deployments of this cretin while mentioning the need for a more charming and eloquent representative to take up the cudgels,maybe even someone from this very forum with a certain snap in the celery. :unamused:
I await a response. :neutral_face:

I was cringing with embarrassment too whilst listening to this, the regular tame lorry driver seemed to be going off on all sorts of tangents with regard to why so many have left the profession and lack of interest in coming into it now, most of which didn’t seem relevant in my experience. It’s mainly about the poor pay for me, I work for a well known Westcountry firm who run mostly brown liveried lorries doing class 1 multi drop and have just been given a pound an hour rise to £12 which to my mind is not conducive with the professional and highly skilled job I do.

The driver from West Yorkshire made me laugh :laughing:

Had to laugh when one contributor claimed you could learn to drive a truck in a few days. These days driving schools don’t teach how to drive, they teach how to pass a test.

I think Vine is doing a channel 5 show as well. If he is doing all that, I doubt he is involved very much in who comes on. Difficult to see him as a journalist in the circumstances, just a presenter. It probably goes along the lines of he arrives, is given a rundown of who is on and is given some ideas about questions to ask.

Noremac:
I think Vine is doing a channel 5 show as well. If he is doing all that, I doubt he is involved very much in who comes on. Difficult to see him as a journalist in the circumstances, just a presenter. It probably goes along the lines of he arrives, is given a rundown of who is on and is given some ideas about questions to ask.

Just another ‘jeremy’ drone.The bbc seems full of these sensitively raised pillocks sharing that name.Scourge of our times. :imp:

I haven’t listened to any of the shows hosted by the cockwombles of radio 2 for a long time. I’d rather sit in silence than listen to radio 2.

Listened to it this morning on the Sounds app, just out of curiosity…
Full marks to the lass who took a taster course,.she did well to speak up for us…not sure about the astronaut comparison though. :laughing:

Matey who they always roll out just to embarrass us :unamused: , did mention the hours, the parking problem, and flak we get, but he should have concentrated more on those points, to illustrate the real reasons for the driver shortage (ie crap t.s & c.s making the job unattractive) instead of rabbiting on about ■■■■ mirrors and the like :unamused:

BBC say no more