All the gold that I can eat

Now that you have finally hit paydirt, what are you going to spend your money on? A ship named dignity? Your very own HGV?!..or perhaps ale…

JeffA:
Now that you have finally hit paydirt, what are you going to spend your money on? A ship named dignity? Your very own HGV?!..or perhaps ale…

Not a very good sailor, so any form of boat is out…unless you’re on about the Deacon Blue single from a vintage record shop, but even that is more than likely in my record collection somewhere. :smiley:

A truck? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: OMG NO !!..been there/done that never again.

Ale? A good idea, but there is even so much of that I can drink.

Maybe put my extra 100 quid a week or whatever it is towards a holiday abroad with the Mrs when all this Covid restriction b/s is done… or :bulb: :bulb: even a lad’s weekend in Amstrerdam or Prague. :grimacing: :laughing:

■■■■-dup dubbie dub…that ship named Dignity…can’t place the song…

It’s got to go to some of our heads - from scumbag on minimum wage to hoi polloi within a fortnight…it’s too fast I tell you…

JeffA:
■■■■-dup dubbie dub…that ship named Dignity…can’t place the song…

Enjoy :sunglasses:

youtu.be/nsr9HCOgQe0

Some of mine is going towards savings, some is going towards getting qualifications. Got a DGSA qualification last year, just done my Transport Manager CPC. I don’t want to drive forever, and this will hopefully let me make the money while it’s available, and then be ready to come off the road as soon as the status quo returns and we’re all overworked and underpaid again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’d spend some on fast cars, fast women and drink.
The rest I’d just squander…

Great title for the thread JeffA, quality quote :smiley:

Terry Cooksey:
Some of mine is going towards savings, some is going towards getting qualifications. Got a DGSA qualification last year, just done my Transport Manager CPC. I don’t want to drive forever, and this will hopefully let me make the money while it’s available, and then be ready to come off the road as soon as the status quo returns and we’re all overworked and underpaid again

Yeah, that was me a while ago. There’s plenty of ways to earn a living in the industry without being behind the wheel, you can soon look forward to all the comments about you being a “failed driver” and that’s why you’re doing the “desk job” stuff and how the TM role should be scrapped :smiley:

Starting out as a TM can be a bit daunting, depending on who your client(s) is/are, and bizarrely DVSA won’t let you on one of their New Operator seminars as an observer. You’d imagine they’d have a lot of time for those who are trying to help people be compliant, but they won’t even share their SIPCAT with you, you have to make your own.

Making sure everything is paid for and owned, make sure my house is all up together and I’ve got a bit put back for when the gravy train derails…… which it surely will.

Promised me the whole world he did . . . bloody romans

axletramp:
I’d spend some on fast cars, fast women and drink.
The rest I’d just squander…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Good man!

Mine’s mostly getting saved, but I’ve been splashing out on the finest Russian imperial stouts lately, which are quite pricey. Just paid £45 for 6 pints online :open_mouth: I’m turning into something of a stout connoisseur.

I’m “spending” mine on reducing the number of days that I work each week. I don’t do a lot of hours anyway, but reducing to four days a week should improve my work/life balance.

Roymondo:
I’m “spending” mine on reducing the number of days that I work each week. I don’t do a lot of hours anyway, but reducing to four days a week should improve my work/life balance.

Similarly I’ll be able to spend less of Winter 2021/2022 at work and more time narrowboating next Summer but I am also buying a Honda CBF125 sometime in the next month. If I earn enough over the Winter I might also do a full direct access motorbike test- I could kick myself for not doing my bike test in the days when you could take a test on a Honda C50 in the morning and then jump on some 1,000cc Moto Guzzi in the afternoon.

JeffA:
Your very own HGV?!..

Hell NO…
The only way I would ever buy a truck is so that I can park it on my drive, then if I get nostalgic I can walk outside in the middle of the night and pi$$ on the tyres to remind myself of the good O’days before walking back indoors and getting back in a comfy bed

peirre:

JeffA:
Your very own HGV?!..

Hell NO…
The only way I would ever buy a truck is so that I can park it on my drive, then if I get nostalgic I can walk outside in the middle of the night and pi$$ on the tyres to remind myself of the good O’days before walking back indoors and getting back in a comfy bed

I once saw an EE step out of his truck in broad daylight and do a massive horse urination up against the tyre - there was a river of urine running across the yard (I think it was M1 trowell on a hot day too)

For dramatic effect I usually stand on the top step with the door wide open

I’ll be using mine to pay the gas bill so basiaclly back where I was money wise

Harry Monk:
I am also buying a Honda CBF125 sometime in the next month.

Harry Monk, wild child… :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8

I passed my test on a rented Honda 100cc then went straight up to Westgate Road in Newcastle, which used to be wall-to-wall bike shops, and bought one of these nippon-esque fairing-ed rocket ships :smiley: Mind, that was in the days when you could wind the throttle back and not have to worry about some idiot driving while on a mobile phone and wandering from lane to lane, happy days…

JeffA:

A decent spaceship.

Introducing the Imperial Cutter - a heavily-shielded armed-to-the-teeth cruiser that happens to work well as a supertanker too…

A cask of whisky, to wait on it’s value creeping up.

Sapper

Winseer:

JeffA:

A decent spaceship.

WHY…does that NOT surprise me. :laughing: :laughing: