Argos Bedford trunk driver

lolipop:
CF the post is about Argos Bedford contracted to DHL nothing to do with the Wincanton Argos who run out of Basildon Heywood etc etc doing inter depot trunk and shops where as Wincanton Argos out of Kettering do HOME DELIVERY as in delivering to Customers HOUSE`S and inter depot work, which is the reason they require people who are fit and able not workshy

The OP said it was a trunking job.Which in no way shape or form fits Home Delivery.
The home delivery jobs as advertised sates 7.5 t 44 drops per shift handballing white goods into homes.
If the vacancy is advertised by a third party wouldn’t be at all surprised to see 7.5t multi drop work advertised as trunking.
Been there done that got the T shirt including me getting an apology by a guvnor for doing around 8 drops, out of who knows how many lost count, some of which got left behind in the warehouse and more of which got brought back, forget collections.
I knew that parcels firms generally don’t do day trunks which is what set the alarm bells off before I’d even left home and he knew that he was trying to stitch up an agency driver with a job which he couldn’t find anyone else to do.
Yes fit and healthy but possibly not for long being used as a human forklift and obviously the idea of looking for ‘trunking’ work is no guarantee in that regard regardless of where/what it is.
The irony a ‘driver’ shortage because ‘drivers’ are being branded as ‘workshy’ for wanting to drive doing distance box/trailer swap trunking not driving a few miles up the road and being used as labourers the rest of the time.