Load of Rubbish

essexlive.news/news/essex-n … 13-5924291

This made me have to take a detour for a few days. Hate these guys. Always advertising and always going a million miles an hour.
My bet is he took the roundabout too fast onto the sliproad to the A13 and tipped over.

Also the article says the roof appears to be ripped off. These have netting on the roof. Not that it stops crap coming out the top when they are driving down the road as anyone who ends up behind them knows.

Quality journalism, if the roof was ripped off it would be visible lying on the road, and how was the roof supposed to be ripped off unless he’d gone under a bridge? They just write the first thing that comes into their heads.

The sight takes me back to my recycling days, I can almost smell the decay through the web…

This is the type of cover that trailer has/had ours have a solid sheet similar to the last picture so nothing should escape.

0_ll_1609_a13lorry.jpg

18934.jpg

============
Mod’s edit:
Please read forum guidelines on posting pictures and picture sizes… thanks!! dd.

Last pic: that’s flash, clearly a powered sheeting system, we only had the manual ones, and we’d usually have to climb on the load to get it to fit (very naughty working at height, but such is the waste & recycling industry)

Bin Man:
This is the type of cover that trailer has/had ours have a solid sheet similar to the last picture so nothing should escape.
]

In theory.
But they are often overloaded and I’ve had bits of crap hit me on my bike and car and hgv while behind these things. Ye, there only small bits but still annoying.

adam277:

Bin Man:
]

In theory.
But they are often overloaded and I’ve had bits of crap hit me on my bike and car and hgv while behind these things. Ye, there only small bits but still annoying.

Our shovel driver doesn’t do that he makes sure the load is level, i guess like in most jobs you get those that do it properly and idiots.

Zac_A:
Last pic: that’s flash, clearly a powered sheeting system, we only had the manual ones, and we’d usually have to climb on the load to get it to fit (very naughty working at height, but such is the waste & recycling industry)

Sorry i should have said ours are manual like the ones you refer to but our lads don’t climb on the trailer they throw straps over the top and pull the sheet over, i don’t do this but i have watched them.

Poor chap. I think we all have those days when we misjudge a bend and topple over

switchlogic:
Poor chap. I think we all have those days when we misjudge a bend and topple over

Speak for yourself!

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

Speak for yourself!

I wondered if that was a typo as i don’t imagine many HGV drivers have been on their sides.

Bin Man:

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

Speak for yourself!

I wondered if that was a typo as i don’t imagine many HGV drivers have been on their sides.

I wonder if Carryfast can think of a driver on here who has been on his side.

adam277:

Bin Man:

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

Speak for yourself!

I haven’t been reading the forums long i guess from that you mean Carryfast has.

One for the “What’s the worst you’ve ever done” thread…

I feel sorry for the poor workers who have to clean that lot up.

adam277:

Bin Man:

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

Speak for yourself!

I wonder……

Bin Man:
I haven’t been reading the forums long i guess from that you mean Carryfast has.

The driving god that is Carryfast?! Heaven forfend. No, not likely. But I hear word on forum someone has that shameful secret that they keep hidden…….or at least you’d think so the way some people talk about it

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

Speak for yourself!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Don’t know if he’s been on his side, but he spends a lot of time on his back. :laughing:

DCPCFML:

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

Speak for yourself!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh the shame

adam277:

Unlike ‘some’ who seem to find it a challenge to keep a VW Polo between the lines and out of the ditch and fences, I could actually drive a Clydesdale with a top heavy multi lift bulk body on it like I stole it and no paint, street furniture, animals, or people were damaged in the process.
The important bit is knowing where the centre of gravity is for every different load ( usually varying degrees of too high and that includes empty ) and getting the steering inputs right to match.
To be fair being paid to learn how to drive, a 38t 6 wheeler fire truck loaded with 3,500 gallons of water and foam, like this, helped.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0MGV7JADQM

But trying it with an artic all bets are off.Bulkers should be limited to 8 wheeler rigid configuration.Artics are too unstable at high C of G and that’s just tipping the things on soft ground let alone driving them around corners.