You gotta love Whites transport

Just copied this from Faceache. If it’s true you gotta admire Pete Whites take no crap attitude :smiley: :smiley:

Ring Ring

“”Hello I would like to complain about one of your drivers. He refused to slow down or move over to allow me access to the M40””

Pete “”What vehicle are you driving please””

“”I’m in a black Mercedes Benz C Class””

Pete “”you are aware it’s your responsibility to join the motorway in a safe manor and not to effect any other vehicles on the carriageway””

“”well I’ve been a driver for 40 years””

Pete “” then you should know better””

“”He should still slow down or move over””

Pete “”you should have either sped up to get in front or slow down to get behind to safely join the motorway, if there is a vehicle in lane 2 he doesn’t have to alter his speed or move over and as a driver myself there is nothing more frustrating than a numpty in a car matching your speed on a slip road leaving us to try and guess what you are going to do next, read the road properly and stop complaining about drivers who are having a hard enough time already at the moment. Have a good day Karen ””

I don’t have time for this sh*t

the perfect answer to a not so perfect driver… they walk amongst us … :smiling_imp:

Respect [emoji108]

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

fb.watch/84FdnnTJDX/

Not sure what that ^^^^ was, but it took me to places I don’t want to go to.

Cool… There was another story which I think was also about White’s; some guy in an empty supermarket car park complaining a truck was parked there, he got the same treatment, including the Karen comment. Well done the guy from Whites, rapidly becoming a legend :sunglasses:

Don’t forget they ripped into Brakes the other day too and highlighted RDC treatment of drivers which was picked up by the press and carried.

There is something really unpleasant about these smug bleeders ready with the instant phone call or email, they usually have cars too big or powerful for them to cope with, and despite having up to ten times the power/weight ratio of a lorry on hand, are incapable of working out how to merge without someone else taking evasive action for them.

LuckyMatty:
Discover Popular Videos | Facebook

I would not have over reacted like the driver in the 1st clip, ending up turning the lorry over by being to concerned about hitting a car.
Far simpler to stay in your lane and hit the car that casually drifted across the lanes without a thought in their head about you.

use a name:

LuckyMatty:

I would not have over reacted like the driver in the 1st clip, ending up turning the lorry over by being to concerned about hitting a car.
Far simpler to stay in your lane and hit the car that casually drifted across the lanes without a thought in their head about you.

But that’s why you need a dashcam. Do all trucks come with them fitted by your employer?

stu675:

use a name:

LuckyMatty:

But that’s why you need a dashcam. Do all trucks come with them fitted by your employer?

In this day and age I’d say the vast majority do.

If that was my place of work, I be in for a discipline and bonus stopped and driver retraining.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

jowett1969:
If that was my place of work, I be in for a discipline and bonus stopped and driver retraining.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

one of many reasons why i’m pleased we have all round cameras, not driver facing.

use a name:

LuckyMatty:

But he wouldn’t have any footage for Yooooooooootoob then. That’s the only reason why most people buy them.

Regarding the clip itself - he had more than ample time to react and brake or change lane. If that clip is representative of his reaction times as a whole, then he needs his licence removing pronto.

Curious to know what happened to the car driver,was he\she done for causing an accident.
Not sure about what the driver done swerving,would the damage have been less if he had hit the car instead of turning the whole rig over.

At risk of attracting morons by getting involved in this thread- they are as good as they appear. One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for and I still regularly talk to Pete (White, he runs page and company :wink: ) and plan to do some work for them again in the future. There’s a lot to be said for the power he’s built up with a crazy popular Facebook page, itself not an easy thing to create. He deleted the Brakes post after one of the top people phoned him unannounced to explain and apologise. The internet is a very powerful tool when used well.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

switchlogic:
He deleted the Brakes post after one of the top people phoned him unannounced to explain and apologise. /quote]

Could you…

Possibly digress a little and tell the whole story please?

I’m curious because I do the occaisional shift for Brakes.

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:
He deleted the Brakes post after one of the top people phoned him unannounced to explain and apologise. /quote]

Could you…

Possibly digress a little and tell the whole story please?

I’m curious because I do the occaisional shift for Brakes.

I believe they (Whites and Brakes) agreed to keep it private.

But absolutely any of these antics by any RDC should be brought to be brought to light and publicised time and time again. They bring it on themselves with how they treat drivers and hauliers. Do you still have to sit on a chair behind a little desk next to your bay while being tipped like a teenager in an exam room? :unamused:

toonsy:
I believe they (Whites and Brakes) agreed to keep it private.

That’s fair…

Enough. My guess would be Brakes nanny state practice of making the driver stand by the ramp as the load is being tipped which is/was the policy at Grantham.