What would you do?

Would you move your tightly parked truck while another driver was carrying out their daily checks or would you wait until they had finished that side?

Wait.

It’s…

Common courtesy to wait.

Likewise, if someone is picking up or dropping a trailer, I’ll wait until they’ve finished before I back in.

Do you really have to ask?
Of course you would wait,.why would you risk harming somebody…unless you’re one of these ■■■■ tear arse every second counts clowns, who ain’t got time to stop for.a ■■■■. :unamused:
If I was down the side of my truck for whatever reason, and the tightly parked truck next to me started to move off,…I’d kick right off.

Just trying to figure out if you are one of the above and you’re looking for approval after some driver has layed into you, or if you have been the victim of some f/whit who has pulled away from you without checking his mirrors.

Call me harsh…but I’m betting no 1 scenario. :smiley: , …as there seems to be more of ‘them’ than there are of ‘us’ nowadays. :unamused:

My apologies if I’m wrong.

Wait or if you’re in that much of a rush that an extra minute or two is the end of the world maybe open your mouth and ask them if they’d move so you can leave? At the truck park we do changeovers I see it every night where there’s someone doing checks or winding legs etc and someone either reverses into the space next to them whilst they’re doing it or drives out and it’s usually the teararses.

robroy:

Accepted!
The first said he didn’t see me, he did, the second, (next morning) his mate a deliberate wind up. Simple, sound the horn and I’d have moved out of the way.

global:

robroy:

Accepted!
The first said he didn’t see me, he did, the second, (next morning) his mate a deliberate wind up. Simple, sound the horn and I’d have moved out of the way.

Any type of bad manners and downright inconsideration on the road (and in life in general :imp: ) just winds me right up. :smiling_imp:

So what did you say to him/them?

Do you need to even ask this? This is not etiquette, its just basic common sense. If you ran over my toes, or made me drop my posh torch, my vengeance would be brutal. :smiley:

I would wait 100%, unless there’s a defect/issue how long does 1 side of a daily check take to do? 2 minutes tops?

However if the roles were reversed and I was the one doing my daily checks and I thought there’s even a slight possibility that the vehicle next to me is about to move off, I would move to a safe (and visible if needed) place so the other vehicle/driver could get on with their journey.

Mainly just incase they haven’t seen me (like somebody suggested how many drive off without checking their mirrors…) But also as it gives me more room to walk down the sides of the trailer easier and be able to stand back to see top of curtains etc.

I can only assume none of you have ever done night parcel trunking to the hubs. It happens everywhere and everyone manages just fine without piles of flattened/squished drivers all over the yard. The moment the final sort has been done everyone’s name comes up on the screen and it’s pandemonium with about 100 drivers all setting off to get their trailer at the same time. There’s an unwritten rule that you don’t reverse in and pull out if a driver is down that side of the trailer or getting in/out of the cab, but that’s just common sense. Works fine, no dramas.

Thanks all!

Ah just go for it, what’s the harm. Worst that’ll happen is he’ll just roll along like a balloon and have to walk back. Be better if he’s a plump driver. #ONWARD

DCPCFML:
I can only assume none of you have ever done night parcel trunking to the hubs. It happens everywhere and everyone manages just fine without piles of flattened/squished drivers all over the yard.

A parcel network whose name I forget but their trailers were always battered to hell who had a hub just down the road from West Brom’s ground was forced to close when someone got killed as someone reversed a trailer into the bay next to him. That was after multiple accidents where people got crushed.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.