Switchy and the Mail

Good ol’…

Switchy getting himself in the papers.

express.co.uk/news/politics … ent-latest

:smiley:

Can’t say I agree with very much of what Luke has to say there to be honest. Our wages have stagnated since 2004 due to the influx of labour from post-Communist economies and we are now seeing them return to the levels they would have been at now without mass immigration and wage arbitrage. Why anyone would go to the mainstream media pleading to be allowed to work for the minimum wage is a bit beyond me.

Never met Luke, but quite like him from what I have seen of his vids and on this forum, but as for Brexit, we’re poles apart.
It just gets a bit tedious people moaning about stuff that has gone against their opinions, especially when the far end of f.all lcan be done about it.l, in real terms.
As Mick Jagger once said…‘‘You can’t always get what you want’’ so in my view play with the hand you are dealt…and ffs move on.

robroy:
As Mick Jagger once said…‘‘You can’t always get what you want’’ so in my view play with the hand you are dealt…and ffs move on.

If Farage and the likes followed this advice we’d still be in the EU

Harry Monk:
Why anyone would go to the mainstream media pleading to be allowed to work for the minimum wage is a bit beyond me.

You appear to have read something that isn’t there

I honestly think that his licence being suspended and thus being unable to take part in the current wage uplift is a factor here, although I have no idea why a driving licence would be suspended simply through having a car accident.

I would guess that far more HGV drivers who voted “Remain” have changed their opinion than the other way around.

Luke says in the article “I am surprised a little at the recent wage rises". Well, I’m not, that’s the whole reason I voted for Brexit.

Harry Monk:
although I have no idea why a driving licence would be suspended simply through having a car accident.

‘Simply through’ nothing. I’ve explained it all extensively.

switchlogic:

Harry Monk:
although I have no idea why a driving licence would be suspended simply through having a car accident.

‘Simply through’ nothing. I’ve explained it all extensively.

You may well have explained it and I have not seen it but then I don’t have the time to read every post made on TruckNet. The simple fact is that wages are rising sharply and will continue to rise sharply in the road transport industry in part at least because of Brexit and as a truck driver myself this is something I am content with. Of course, you are welcome to hold the contrary position.

What an utter utter clown this guy is. Says up the article he’s a “realist” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - is this a [zb]ing joke or a wind-up? I can’t decide.

Vernon:
“Wages vary enormously from job to job. But overall I feel the wages have been static at best.

“When I went to London to work for an agency, up to eight hours was £11, over eight hours £15 and Sunday £20 per hour. That was 17 to 18 years ago and the hourly rate seems to have at best remained static - and at worst gone down.

“I am surprised a little at the recent wage rises but it’s actually just proof we were underpaid. If they can just lift rates at the drop of a hat the way they have with little impact on their business.

AND WHAT DO YOU THINK COULD POSSIBLY BE THE REASON FOR THAT, MR. VERNON ■■?

Could it be… maybe… just possibly… have something to do with the opening of the floodgates to cheap Eastern European labour at that time■■? No, surely not!!! /s That is just pure coincidence and has had absolutely nothing to do with the wages being static/gone down for the past 17 to 18 years!!! /s

Just like it’s pure coincidence that the wages have risen 50-300% the moment all the cheap Eastern European labour all went back home!!! :unamused:

Unbelievable how utterly dense some people are. I genuinely hope that the DVLA don’t give him his licence back as I’d rather not share the same road space as people with IQs as low as this.

DCPCFML:

Could it be… maybe… just possibly… have something to do with the opening of the floodgates to cheap Eastern European labour at that time■■? No, surely not!!! /s That is just pure coincidence and has had absolutely nothing to do with the wages being static/gone down for the past 17 to 18 years!!! /s

Just like it’s pure coincidence that the wages have risen 50-300% the moment all the cheap Eastern European labour all went back home!!! :unamused:

Unbelievable how utterly dense some people are. I genuinely hope that the DVLA don’t give him his licence back as I’d rather not share the same road space as people with IQs as low as this.

Excellent post.

He’s certainly very naïve and misguided and it’s clearly obvious that he hasn’t made the connection that you refer to above but even so I would hope he got his driving licence reinstated.

Harry Monk:

DCPCFML:

Excellent post.

He’s certainly very naïve and misguided and it’s clearly obvious that he hasn’t made the connection that you refer to above but even so I would hope he got his driving licence reinstated.

You clearly put a lower value on your life than I, Harry. I’d rather not share the roads with people as dim as this, especially not ones who have a history of being incapable of keeping their own vehicles on straight and flat roads without putting them in ditches, wrapping them around trees etc.

DCPCFML:
You clearly put a lower value on your life than I, Harry. I’d rather not share the roads with people as dim as this, especially not ones who have a history of being incapable of keeping their own vehicles on straight and flat roads without putting them in ditches, wrapping them around trees etc.

Harsh but true. :wink:

DCPCFML:
What an utter utter clown this guy is. Says up the article he’s a “realist” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - is this a [zb]ing joke or a wind-up? I can’t decide.

Vernon:
“Wages vary enormously from job to job. But overall I feel the wages have been static at best.

“When I went to London to work for an agency, up to eight hours was £11, over eight hours £15 and Sunday £20 per hour. That was 17 to 18 years ago and the hourly rate seems to have at best remained static - and at worst gone down.

“I am surprised a little at the recent wage rises but it’s actually just proof we were underpaid. If they can just lift rates at the drop of a hat the way they have with little impact on their business.

FFS should I be paying you rent too? :smiley: Who knew triggering morons was such a satisfying pastime. Sleep well my charming friend x

switchlogic:
FFS should I be paying you rent too? :smiley: Who knew triggering morons was such a satisfying pastime. Sleep well my charming friend x

Typcial predictable leftie snowflake response. Incapable of answering hard questions and responding to truths, just do whatever you can to divert the attention away/change the subject and resort to ad hominems.

Harry Monk:

DCPCFML:

Excellent post.

It isn’t, it’s bo locks claiming I said pay rises were pure coincidence and not related to Brexit when I said the opposite. In writing. Words. In writing. On the screen. Proveable facts. Pair of muppets. :smiley:

Seems you both have problems with reading. Better luck next time.

switchlogic:

I think he was just making the point that the wage stagnation you refer to in the article was entirely due to the eu membership which you seem to support. It’s a reasonable thing to point out. Surely you can see this, even a little bit?

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

I think he was just making the point that the wage stagnation you refer to in the article was entirely due to the eu membership which you seem to support. It’s a reasonable thing to point out. Surely you can see this, even a little bit?

Yes. I pointed it out myself. In the article. In words. In the article. Along with my reasons for thinking this way. Also in words. In the article. On the screen. In words. :smiley:

You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree with it.

DCPCFML:

switchlogic:

Typcial predictable leftie snowflake response. Incapable of answering hard questions and responding to truths, just do whatever you can to divert the attention away/change the subject and resort to ad hominems.

Says the snowflake. I’m not the one all upset and ranting like a t**t, you are. God bless sweetcheeks ■■■

Harry Monk:
You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree with it.

Of course and absolutely, but don’t make entire posts based on lies about what I said.