2019 Driver shortage

Juddian:

stu675:

Bin Man:
It’s all over 5 live this morning, I wish drivers would complain as much about the conditions and hours as pay as the majority of the general public would love to earn £20+
they don’t appreciate how hard the job is so
to them it may look like drivers are only interested in getting more money, fortunately many of the drivers phoning in are putting that straight.

I would rather the conditions continued to get worse but the pay continued to get higher to attract the drivers.

Good point that, supply and demand as always, if it becomes too good an act it’ll be oversubscribed and agency rates at least will be back to rubbish with full timers who took the bonus bribes following suit but quickly.

I know some here want drivers to do nothing other than sit on their arse and steer and to be treated like celebs for doing their jobs, but jobs that have some graft muck skills headaches about them have for years been better paid than the easy trunking back on the bay and sleep jobs, and some of us don’t mind the muck/graft and are quite happy to pocket the difference…won’t mention the fact that unionised jobs have always been better paid often with shorter hours to boot, oh i did mention unions :smiling_imp:

@ Bin Man
As for toilet refusal, only once did this rear its ugly head back when the covid scam was first advertised, a swift phone call from one of our directors to the offending company put that issue to bed the very same day, don’t know where the hell the phone in guest has been going.

I don’t know where they were from but lack of and dirty toilets have been mentioned numerous times

I am sure i have read numerous posts about drivers not being allowed to use toilets in the forums here i was under the impression it is common practice at these places.