Wincanton

ATJT:

Truckulent:

RogerOut:

Truckulent:

RogerOut:
Thanks for your reply. How far in advance do they let you what your doing when it comes to days off?

It depends, some are quite reasonable. But most expect you to say “how high” when they say “jump”.

If your time off requirements are fixed days off each week long term, driving ain’t for you. Unless you do the bins or local builders stuff.

I drive ad hoc so I can work when I want - but I have another business too so dont need the driving so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well on the buses we work a rota so we know what we’re doing each day, months, even a year in advance. If HGV drivers have families , surely they need to know within reason what days they are working, what days they’re off? No wonder the industry struggles to keep people if they have no idea what they’re doing day to day.

As for when they say jump, who are you working for a dictatorship? Are you a slave?slaves? I’ll do my job and do as my manager/ boss says, providing its legal, but I’m not a skivvy for anyone.

Oh dear. You’ve a lot to learn about HGV work.

It’s nothing like the buses.

I’ve yet to see anywhere than didnt take the ■■■■. Some take the ■■■■ beyond all reason.

You are just a number. They don’t care what you think or that you have a family. As long as you’re happy doing 60 or 70 hours a week you’ll be fine. If you’re expecting 37.5 hrs a week, you’re in for a disappointing experience I’m afraid.

Could you be any more patronising?

Just stating the obvious.