Compulsory masks

Anywhere else at their work having to wear masks at their depot?
From November Tesco are Making it a requirement to wear a mask while in the warehouse or in drivers room.

Not that thrilled by it and most people don’t even wear one. Especially mangers who I have yet to see wear one.

Personally think it’s stupid since Tesco is a cab hopping job and you can sometimes drive 3 different trucks a day and they never seem to get cleaned. Let alone deep cleaned.

They’ve got notices up in my place saying they must be worn but nobody seems bothered by it.

Compulsory in the transport office.

yep,still having to wear face nappies,at our place :frowning: but not at our ‘main’ depot in Stoke :imp:

Security guy yesterday at Willow Green told me I needed a mask in his gatehouse. I replied that as it was no longer a legal requirement I no longer carried one. He then stated that it was company policy. I told him it may as well be company policy to wear fishnet stockings as I’m not going to do either.

I then invited him to write “refused” on the paperwork along with the reason why with his name and I’d quite happily take it away.

He let me in.

the maoster:
Security guy yesterday at Willow Green told me I needed a mask in his gatehouse. I replied that as it was no longer a legal requirement I no longer carried one. He then stated that it was company policy. I told him it may as well be company policy to wear fishnet stockings as I’m not going to do either.

I then invited him to write “refused” on the paperwork along with the reason why with his name and I’d quite happily take it away.

He let me in.

The classic…

‘I know you haven’t got the authority to turn me around but you’re making out you have’ game.

I’ve found that ‘why don’t you ring someone who actually has the authority to refuse this load because I know you haven’t’ works too.

Go get 'em maosty!

Our spot was compulsory indoors until yesterday when I turned up to work, got told mask wearing was now optional and gleefully removed the bloody thing.

Don’t wear one. Simple. Exempt is your answer. Never worn one but I must admit I have wasted loads of time arguing over the last year.
Just say NO and this BS ends.

I went into Tesco top valley today , I wore my mask in as I always do , I took it off when I had my cup of tea & 2 pieces of toast , I then put it on again , disinfected the trolley , then went & did the shopping with my mrs & girl , then left
No arguments with security or anyone come to that ,very stress free , some people seem to look for arguments for the sake of it

Markk80:
Don’t wear one. Simple. Exempt is your answer. Never worn one but I must admit I have wasted loads of time arguing over the last year.
Just say NO and this BS ends.

THIS^.

They’ve still got all the big signs up everywhere at TNT Atherstone and Kingsbury but very very few people comply now and nobody cares if you don’t.

I wore my snood when all this crap was at it’s height, not because I thought it did me any good, but mainly for benefit of old and vulnerable people to reassure them…that’s what kinda guy I am. :smiley:
Stopped wearing it months ago as I’m so sick of all this sh…
I saw an old guy in Asda cafe yesterday removing his mask every time he sipped his coffee, and quickly back on in between sips. :unamused: :laughing:
There was only his Mrs anywhere near him, me and my lass were at opposite end of cafe.
Theres being careful when you’re old,.and there’s being brainwashed.

My Mrs who is the worlds worst conformist and a direct opposite charavter to me wore hers around the supermarket…in case she offended anybody. :neutral_face:
I really need to have a word. :laughing:

North of the border mask wearing is still compulsory in shops etc.

dozy:
I went into Tesco top valley today , I wore my mask in as I always do , I took it off when I had my cup of tea & 2 pieces of toast , I then put it on again , disinfected the trolley , then went & did the shopping with my mrs & girl , then left
No arguments with security or anyone come to that ,very stress free , some people seem to look for arguments for the sake of it

Wayne the Covid Marshall would be proud of you. In fact he may have even modelled his parody on yours

dozy:

Fair play.

You do however need to possess a brain in order to have it washed though.

dozy:

Completely, right, some people look for trouble with the TC for the sake of it too.

My wife and I don`t have the problem of workplace rules,being retired,but saying that if we are going shopping its mask, sanitizer and gloves.Gloves especially for the supermarket trolley.as spraying the handle is hardly worth it considering the rest of the trolley has been used and more than likely stood outside for sometime and never been cleaned.For us its what precautions we feel comfortable with and to hell with what others think or say.
Going into a third party premises I found it easier to abide by their rules after all its not really a hardship unless your the type of person who likes to have confrontation so you have something to brag / boast about in the Drivers room when you get back.

lolipop:
My wife and I don`t have the problem of workplace rules,being retired,but saying that if we are going shopping its mask, sanitizer and gloves.

Go on then, explain why. You’re vaccinated, over 90% of everyone around you is vaccinated, you’re in a massive open space. You’re wearing gloves and you’re sanitising the trolley but are you sanitising the stuff you buy? After all it’s been touched by multiple people.

The vast majority of people who are getting it are the young and unvaccinated. With very few exceptions everyone who is getting hospitalised is young and unvaccinated. Nobody who is actually dying from it and not just counting as a covid death because they had a positive test 4 weeks ago then got run over by a bus is vaccinated.

Brainwashed is a good description of how some people are now handling this. The government did such a good job of putting fear into the mentally weak that you still see idiots driving in their own car on their own wearing a mask.

the masker’s must think a face nappy is going to save them from certain death.you even get them on the outside deck on the boat wearing the ■■■■■■■ things :unamused:

Thinking is hard.

Conor:

lolipop:
My wife and I don`t have the problem of workplace rules,being retired,but saying that if we are going shopping its mask, sanitizer and gloves.

Go on then, explain why. You’re vaccinated, over 90% of everyone around you is vaccinated, you’re in a massive open space. You’re wearing gloves and you’re sanitising the trolley but are you sanitising the stuff you buy? After all it’s been touched by multiple people.

The vast majority of people who are getting it are the young and unvaccinated. With very few exceptions everyone who is getting hospitalised is young and unvaccinated. Nobody who is actually dying from it and not just counting as a covid death because they had a positive test 4 weeks ago then got run over by a bus is vaccinated.

Brainwashed is a good description of how some people are now handling this. The government did such a good job of putting fear into the mentally weak that you still see idiots driving in their own car on their own wearing a mask.

"Vaccinated people infected with the Delta coronavirus variant may be able to spread it as easily as those who have yet to be immunised, early analysis suggests.

Although the Covid jabs appears to reduce an individual’s overall risk of catching Delta in the first place, if infected there appears to be “limited difference” in the viral load between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, according to new research from Public Health England (PHE)."

So vaccinated or not you gonna be spreading. Maybe this is why companies like Tesco are now enforcing masks.

Personally, I dont want to have a mask or be vaccinated as of yet. Maybe that will change but either way it should all be done by choice. If you are worried about covid and you are vaccinated then all the evidences suggests you should not give a crap if I walk around with a mask or not as you are ‘protected’ from covid.