Hi from an Oldie

Hi all.

First time I’ve visited this forum for 6-7 years.
I was here when it opened many moons ago and being from Boro I remember Rikki very well and his low loader, is he still here?

Not drove a truck in anger for over 20 years, again as a Management CPC holder, I’ve kept my medical, done the DPCP, and got my cards- I’ve just started doing some transport planning and while it’s looking like the pay rates are starting to be where they should be for the job, I’m thinking about getting back into it.

Anyone else been away for 20+ years and thinking about returning or actually done it?

Hi stranger

Rikki still about

Don’t get back into it yet pay not gone up that much really

animal:
Hi stranger

Rikki still about

Hi mate, good to see some of the original oldies still about.

True story, as I’m working in a transport office ATM…

Instead of a story, I’ll copy and paste an actual email offer from a Middlesbrough Agency to our office.

Mon-Fri first 8 hours - £20.87
After 8 hours and all hours Saturday - £31.31
Sunday all hours - £41.74

Still about sometimes lot has happened & changed over the years but some of us older members are still about

Not seen any rate like that up here might be tempted back with them if can find full time that suits me

TC:

animal:
Hi stranger

Rikki still about

Instead of a story, I’ll copy and paste an actual email offer from a Middlesbrough Agency to our office.

The what? 41£? And the driver gets what? 25? After eight hours flat times and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi TC. I am still here, not driven for 11 years but still keep my hand in here. It disappoints me to see how bad things really have got. I discovered kids and married life after many years living in a box. :stuck_out_tongue:

DSMRookie:

TC:

animal:
Hi stranger

Rikki still about

Agency charge rate not drivers hourly pay big difference

The what? 41£? And the driver gets what? 25? After eight hours flat times and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot has changed out on the road since you have been away not only with drivers & attitudes but the road network many new roads out there

Drivers would rather sit in there cabs watch you struggle & film you on there phone laugh at you even in RDC they tend to be on there phones than talk

A lot of changes out on the roads particularly in the south a lot of the lay by have closed as well as some other parking places lack of facilities as some truck stop have closed & nothing has replaced them

I would stay in the office & not go back out on the road

Some agencies may be saying that you can get that much but when you actually go for that job it not available you will be offered a lot less as agencies have never changed

As we all know there is not a shortage of drivers there are plenty most doing something else due to pay & conditions they have been saying for years there is a shortage of drivers no there is a shortage of decent company paying a decent wage is the problem

Not many names i recognise from the days past.

waves at TC :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: