Companies with driver facing camera

It would be good if we could create a list of companies with driver facing camera, for those that would not want to work for such companies (me including) and for those that do like having a camera looking at them, so they could start applying for job with the right companies.

I haven’t yet come across one, but I’ve heard Maritimes have driver facing camera, not sure if it’s the case.

Maritime have a camera in the cab but wouldn’t call it driver facing per say. It’s on passenger side and views in the cab. And like what most say if your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem and most companies in the near future will have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannyboy84:
Maritime have a camera in the cab but wouldn’t call it driver facing per say. It’s on passenger side and views in the cab. And like what most say if your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem and most companies in the near future will have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure most trucks will have them in the future. Tesco dont. I dont think co-op have either.
A lot of big firms dont have it. Maybe due to the union? Either way truckers have a strong negotiating position at the moment so dont see it happening.

Also I would never work for a company with cameras inside the cab. Same with working in a office. Yea, in an office environment a single camera monitors like 50+ people. But its not like each worker has a camera on their desk.

If you’re doing nothing wrong…?

I guarantee that a company out to attribute blame for an incident will always find SOMETHING to fault a driver for.

I’ve had it at my place where a TM tried to claim that me using a Nicotette Inhalator was ‘careless driving’.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Dannyboy84:
Maritime have a camera in the cab but wouldn’t call it driver facing per say[sic]. It’s on passenger side and views in the cab. And like what most say if your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem and most companies in the near future will have them.

A few points, the words you’re looking for is “per se” although you obviously don’t understand the meaning of it.

if your [sic] doing nothing wrong what’s the problem

absolute rubbish excuse trotted out by “drivers” who will sit back and let employers take the proverbial because they have no backbone.

most companies in the near future will have them

where did you dream that piece of rubbish information up?

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Dannyboy84:
Maritime have a camera in the cab but wouldn’t call it driver facing per say[sic]. It’s on passenger side and views in the cab. And like what most say if your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem and most companies in the near future will have them.

A few points, the words you’re looking for is “per se” although you obviously don’t understand the meaning of it.

if your [sic] doing nothing wrong what’s the problem

absolute rubbish excuse trotted out by “drivers” who will sit back and let employers take the proverbial because they have no backbone.

most companies in the near future will have them

where did you dream that piece of rubbish information up?

Culina front facing cameras and great bear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dannyboy84:
. And like what MOST say if your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem

‘‘MOST’’ what exactly? :unamused:
Human invertebrates?
Terminally servile?
Who are brainwashed by their company?
The credulous?
The gullible?

Yep you’re maybe right mate.
:unamused:

I’m getting bored with giving my opinions on this crap on other threads as I’m sure others are of hearing me…I give up.

Jon55:

The title of this thread is “companies with driver facing cameras” as are all the posts above yours.
What part of that don’t you understand?

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Jon55:

The title of this thread is “companies with driver facing cameras” as are all the posts above yours.

Companies u say read it then grumpy what part do you not understand

Jon55:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Jon55:

Companies u say read it then grumpy what part do you not understand

You’re not too bright are you!
Front facing cameras that you’ve posted about don’t tend to be “driver facing”, unless you’re clinging to the windscreen wipers.

More than one driver at my spot has had his job saved by the cameras which have told a completely different story to what the complainant has said.

The only driver who has got the sack from them that I know of was a night trunker who turned up with his head split open and claimed he’d been ambushed on the A50 by people trying to nick his load. Turned out it had been a bit of road rage, he’d gone out to give them a good hiding and ended up on the losing side.

Conor:
The only driver who has got the sack from them that I know of was a night trunker who turned up with his head split open and claimed he’d been ambushed on the A50 by people trying to nick his load. Turned out it had been a bit of road rage, he’d gone out to give them a good hiding and ended up on the losing side.

Cool story but how did a “driver facing camera” catch this action Mr Turton?
The reason I ask is because this thread is titled “companies with driver facing cameras”.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
You’re not too bright are you!
Front facing cameras that you’ve posted about don’t tend to be “driver facing”, unless you’re clinging to the windscreen wipers.

Now that’s showing a sense of humor :smiley: :smiley:

Yet again,that old chestnut. "If you’re doing nothing wrong,etc. " For heaven’s sake. Childlike naivety.

I think Argos are going to introduce ■■■■ cavity searches at their rdcs to stop thefts on top of their traffic light press the button system.

I’m all for it… if you got nothing to hide…

PS It’s a joke

So, the list so far:

Maritime

adam277:
I think Argos are going to introduce ■■■■ cavity searches at their rdcs to stop thefts on top of their traffic light press the button system.

PS It’s a joke

I thought the idea of a joke was that it was supposed to be amusing, obviously I was wrong. :unamused:

I dont like them,but I think new trucks will have them as standard and it will become increasingly difficult to avoid them.It is bad though,this technology that we have to put uo with,then youve got the dreaded ecoroll cruise control ,I really detest that.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

adam277:

PS It’s a joke

I thought the idea of a joke was that it was supposed to be amusing, obviously I was wrong. :unamused:

That’s ok your often wrong. We still love you.

Sploom:
I dont like them,but I think new trucks will have them as standard and it will become increasingly difficult to avoid them.It is bad though,this technology that we have to put uo with,then youve got the dreaded ecoroll cruise control ,I really detest that.

I reckon that would be the final nail in the coffin for making what was once a job with freedom to becoming a micromanage, constant surveillance cluster ■■■■.

It all started with tachographs,.we all thought they were an intrusion ffs :smiley: , then cab phones, then trackers that we thought were the ‘ultimate’.
Who then would have thought that drivers would readily accept these ■■■■ things,.followed by the pathetic and embarrassing corporate b/s being repeated by the brainwashed amongst them, intended to put some kind of positive spin on these atrocities…as illustrated by a couple of posts on here. :unamused:

If what you say comes true, I just hope I’m well out of it by then.