Driver off with Covid - drive his vehicle?

Small depot, just 6 of us, 3 artics, 3 rigids. Today the other 2 artic drivers didn’t turn up, one with a migraine the other ‘had to have a covid test’. My usual vehicle is VOR (yet again), if it was on the road then I wouldn’t be put in the possible covid driver’s vehicle tomorrow. We’ve both wrecked single drives on landfil - after a lot of warnings that it was likely to happen, so we both now have double drives, well we would if mine wasn’t VOR.

The ‘migraine’ driver has work for tomorrow, the covid not, but doesn’t appear on the ‘sick’ or ‘self-isolating’ list, but presumably off whilst waiting for the result.

Research tells me that catching covid from a surface is highly unlikely, but not impossible. Any other time and I’d voice my concerns/ disapproval carry on with the work and if at the end of the week I do come down with it then I’d play merry hell with them, but next week is going to be my first proper holiday for at least 3 years and I don’t want another one cancelled, especially by this.

Another of our depots with around a dozen drivers has reportedly 5 off as positive cases at the moment.

Do I flatly refuse to get in the vehicle?

Hi vid any time we’ve had this problem we used a disinfectant canister.You set it off ,leave for 15 minutes then open Windows to vent for about 10-15 minutes. Hope this helps cheers Ray

People still report their covids?

From the testing that was done on the london underground where they found no trace of covid on any surface then I would say it is probably 1 in a trillion that you would catch it

I’d just get in the vehicle and get on with it to be honest. Wouldn’t be worried.

ETS:

I would report it, I wear a mask at all times , disenfect my hands , car , house all the time , and tell anyone who stands close to me to move away ( I shout at them actually
It maybe all Be a joke to some but others ( ie me ) have been told by our doctors / consultants were at risk , so the sensible thing is to take all precautions we can .
By not reporting these things you might put a few more ££££ in your pocket or put me & a few other at risk people in a wooden box
Let’s hope you never have to depend on you fellow citizens for a bit of help

Vid:
Small depot, just 6 of us, 3 artics, 3 rigids. Today the other 2 artic drivers didn’t turn up, one with a migraine the other ‘had to have a covid test’. My usual vehicle is VOR (yet again), if it was on the road then I wouldn’t be put in the possible covid driver’s vehicle tomorrow. We’ve both wrecked single drives on landfil - after a lot of warnings that it was likely to happen, so we both now have double drives, well we would if mine wasn’t VOR.

The ‘migraine’ driver has work for tomorrow, the covid not, but doesn’t appear on the ‘sick’ or ‘self-isolating’ list, but presumably off whilst waiting for the result.

Research tells me that catching covid from a surface is highly unlikely, but not impossible. Any other time and I’d voice my concerns/ disapproval carry on with the work and if at the end of the week I do come down with it then I’d play merry hell with them, but next week is going to be my first proper holiday for at least 3 years and I don’t want another one cancelled, especially by this.

Another of our depots with around a dozen drivers has reportedly 5 off as positive cases at the moment.

I personally would refuse to drive it , but I’ve health issues , just not worth the risk , and let’s be honest you wouldn’t be asking the question if you did feel comfortable with using it , just have a read up on Kate garroways hubby derek , that should be enough to realise covid is not a joke unlike some are portraying it ,

Just buy a can of sanitising spray and spray the cab, that’s what i do when i have to drive another vehicle. Not had a problem as yet

The whole Covid thing is a complete and total load of ■■■■■■■■. Just crack on. :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:
From the testing that was done on the london underground where they found no trace of covid on any surface then I would say it is probably 1 in a trillion that you would catch it

Listen to Rog ^

I have a friend that is a pharmacist and he reckons the chances of catching it in the air from inside a vehicle/surfaces is more theoretical than reality.

Wash or gel your hands before touching mouth or face and you’ll be doubly sure.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dozy:

Vid:

I personally would refuse to drive it , but I’ve health issues , just not worth the risk , and let’s be honest you wouldn’t be asking the question if you did feel comfortable with using it , just have a read up on Kate garroways hubby derek , that should be enough to realise covid is not a joke unlike some are portraying it ,

Or you could read up on the 97% of folk that have had Covid that are absolutely fine. You only hear the horror stories which are a tiny minority. More chance of dying in a motorway pile up than from Covid.

Truckulent:
You only hear the horror stories which are a tiny minority. More chance of dying in a motorway pile up than from Covid.

I’m only bothered about it potentially ■■■■■■■ up my holiday, 1 in a trillion vs my holiday, is it worth that risk? As said above, I wouldn’t be posting if I felt comfortable with the idea in the first place, any other time, fine, but not running up to a much needed holiday. I think I’ll chuck company protocols back at them in the morning and see how it goes.

Thanks to all those that have commented.

Wipe down any contact surfaces (steering wheel, control stalks etc) with a disinfectant wipe. Wash your hands before eating, and don’t rub your face or pick your nose while driving

dozy:

ETS:

I would report it, I wear a mask at all times , disenfect my hands , car , house all the time , and tell anyone who stands close to me to move away ( I shout at them actually
It maybe all Be a joke to some but others ( ie me ) have been told by our doctors / consultants were at risk , so the sensible thing is to take all precautions we can .
By not reporting these things you might put a few more ££££ in your pocket or put me & a few other at risk people in a wooden box
Let’s hope you never have to depend on you fellow citizens for a bit of help

But you had your vaccine(s)?

Harry Monk:
The whole Covid thing is a complete and total load of ■■■■■■■■. Just crack on. :stuck_out_tongue:

This ^.

There is no covid. Turn off your television set.

Do some of you STILL believe in Covid??
The largest, completely planned hoax of the 21st century?
Our government is the virus & are now simply following THEIR master’s instructions.
Wake up folks before they take away all you ever worked for.
That bit comes next…

RD7:
Do some of you STILL believe in Covid??

As I and my family all had covid in march 2020 then how do you explain that :question:

It’s called 'flu.

DCPCFML:
It’s called 'flu.

really :question:

But you’re all still here & alive?!!
I’d say ‘chinese flu. The tests are too sensitive and will tell you you have Covid even if you still have some viral load from a past cold. My point is, it was never the fatal pandemic that we were told it would be. Where are the bodies in the streets??
No more died than ANY other year in the past ten. We have all been lied to…