Not towed a standard trailer for a while

I’ve only pulled full time rear steer trailers for the past few years. I spent a grand total of 3 days on a standard trailer when I did my test, but since then never touched one.

Rear steer’s are a doddle going forwards and once you’re used to them it’s amazing where you can reverse/turn around. I’ve thought for a while that I’d struggle to go back to the standard ones.

Well that day is coming as I’m looking for new jobs and been offered a few assessment/interview days next week. Any advice to avoid looking like a ■■■■ cos honestly I’m a bit worried about how different it’ll be. Anyone regularly use both and is it as big a difference as I’m making out?

Yes. Just take your time, treat it like you would when you first passed your test. Get out, have a look assess the situation; don’t be bothered by the clever dicks if they take the mickey.

I’d suggest it’s probably easier going from steered to non-steered than the other way round. First time I tried to reverse one of our steering short-arse tanker trailers I thought I was going to tie meself in a knot!