GIST offering £2000

GIST are offering £2000 sign on bonus plus up to £3000 in retention bonus. Beats Tesco.

Prob get others following. But no doubt in contract small print be get out clause. IE have stay 12 months or we can claim it back etc . And wouldn’t mind betting the government is involved and paying towards it. As we approach Xmas there all panicking

it’s not the bonuses everyone wants it’s better hourly rate and decent overtime t&c.

edd1974:
Prob get others following. But no doubt in contract small print be get out clause. IE have stay 12 months or we can claim it back etc . And wouldn’t mind betting the government is involved and paying towards it. As we approach Xmas there all panicking

If they…

Don’t have some sort of contract then drivers will turn up, get the job and leave inside of a week.

Themoocher:
it’s not the bonuses everyone wants it’s better hourly rate and decent overtime t&c.

Totally agree. Having worked for GIST previously myself as a night driver being regularly planned 15 hour shifts I did not stay long.

Dimlaith:

Themoocher:

Totally agree. Having worked for GIST previously myself as a night driver being regularly planned 15 hour shifts I did not stay long.

Yeah and if you were on time n half after 8 and dpuble after 12. it wouldn’t be as bad would it lol
Also the planners would get there arse kicked for the overtime rates
This is the reason these ■■■■■ planners get away with it
If they were paying over time on these hours the General managers would be kicking the planners arses.

Getting rid…

Of the fleet of complete and utter sheds might help get bums on seats too.

Themoocher:

Dimlaith:

Themoocher:

Yeah and if you were on time n half after 8 and dpuble after 12. it wouldn’t be as bad would it lol
Also the planners would get there arse kicked for the overtime rates
This is the reason these [zb] planners get away with it
If they were paying over time on these hours the General managers would be kicking the planners arses.

Myself personally, I do not want to work any more than a 10 hour shift including break. 15 hour shifts are obscene. I’m doing as little as I possibly can get away with at the moment. I have had enough of being pressurised into working overtime and a firm NO is my my mantra.

yourhavingalarf:
Getting rid…

I go to work for money. I don’t care what I drive as long as it’s legal, warm and the radio works.

I’m too old for the tank polishing ■■■■.

Ken.

Quinny:

yourhavingalarf:
Getting rid…

I go to work for money. I don’t care what I drive as long as it’s legal, warm and the radio works.

I’m too old for the tank polishing [zb].

Ken.

Fair point…

But, if company A has a decent fleet and company B has sheds, I know which I’d prefer to be driving. The money is the same where ever you go give or take a few quid.

Like yourself, I don’t polish tanks or dream of air horns and flat screen TVs, I drive to earn but better more comfortable equipment will attract drivers.

I did traction work for GIST out of Spalding and seriously, you have to see the fleet. Sure, it’s legit but old, noisy, slow and probably smelly and dirty inside.

Is there a link anywhere for this?

aplitrak.com/?adid=bHNtaXRo … HJhay5jb20

uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=a809 … 77f6b99dfW

AND they are offering the Cycle to Work scheme. What’s not to like? :wink:

Free parking and they even throw in free ppe :unamused:

Get time and a half back…Weekends are not single time or a pound extra, up the basic rates, stop planning max hours and think of the drivers family life.
These bonuses will be BS IN THE LONG RUN.

The 2k signing on bonus in paid in 2 installments at 6 and 12 weeks.

The 3k driver retention bonus is being paid in 3 installments. Jan 2022, July 2022 and Jan 2023 in 1k installments. With a caveat or 2.

500 quid deduction for every absence after the first absence. So 6 absences after the first and bye bye driver retention bonus.

I do agree though its got to be easier to just increase the wages to be on par with others.

Dimlaith many thanks!