Might return to driving

robroy:

dozy:
70 + and there on about comming back to work , how sad , they should be out enjoying the twilight years off there life’s , bloody hell isnt 55 yrs of work enough for them or anyone
I’m sorry rob but I can’t agree with you , when do they intend to retire , 90 , or is it out the lorry into the box
Lots of people retire at 50 / 55 , we’ve now got drivers who want to come back to work in there 70,s , as I say I think it’s sad , enjoy your tome with your mrs , kids , grandkids , holidays ,just relax ,you deserve it , not go back to driving a bloody lorry

Hey doze man, I’m with you 100% on that, but you don’t know what cards are to be dealt to you when older.
I’d be enjoying retirement and keeping active, maybe buy a camper and jaunt around the Continent.
I know one guy who still does seasonal European work at 72, his wife has died, he lives alone, and he’s bored out of his skull sat at home on his own,…only so much gardening you can do. so if it suits HiM,.and he’s still fit… what’s the problem?
Each to his own and all that.

Bang on, ignore dozy, he is just trying to get you to bite, I still have my class 1, even though I am in Australia, but said to wife, when kids grow up might come back to UK and do some euro work to see europe etc and paid for priv.

If single I would do it now, whats the point of bening stuck in a house all week. I do not like tramping, but the rewards are there.