Manfrieght

Anyone know what Manfrieght is like to work for out of Cairnryan? 4on4off

Given they don’t bother to stop for red lights at the roundabouts at Penrith, even the one that’s right next to the Police Station, I’m assuming that driving flat out is what is expected.

You can spend many daily rests in the laybys around Rugby and Lutterworth.

Conor:
Given they don’t bother to stop for red lights at the roundabouts at Penrith, even the one that’s right next to the Police Station, I’m assuming that driving flat out is what is expected.

Irish Transport expert on the case and on the ball already

When you get off the Stena Line boat at Cairnryan loads of their units are parked up all clean almost like a truck show. Im assuming that’s why they don’t stop for red lights to keep brake dust to a minimum.

mrginge:
Im assuming that’s why they don’t stop for red lights to keep brake dust to a minimum.

Exactly. Conor simply didn’t realise but when driving a top of the range truck it is ones duty to present it immaculately at all times. He clearly feels intimidated by we elite*group of drivers

*Rest In Peace dear dear Carryfast. You are missed.

switchlogic:

mrginge:
Im assuming that’s why they don’t stop for red lights to keep brake dust to a minimum.

He clearly feels intimidated by we elite*group of drivers.

Elite, you, really?
Define “Elite” in your case.

switchlogic:

Off topic…

I know but, what’s actually happened? Why’s he gone MIA please?

Grumpy_old_trucker:

switchlogic:

mrginge:

Elite, you, really?

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

Off topic…

Yes I am intrigued by his disappearance

Grumpy_old_trucker:

switchlogic:

mrginge:

Elite, you, really?

Change the record or get a room for ■■■■■ sake……

D1D86B94-2B82-422C-9EF7-0AE0F45DFA2D.gif

switchlogic:

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

Off topic…

Yes I am intrigued by his disappearance

I’m not. Couldn’t give a toss. Should’ve taken more with him

Conor:

Have you been saving video footage of these heinous crimes and forwarding them to the ■■■■■■■■ Constabulary for urgent attention and also written a strongly worded message on Manfreight’s Facebook page with a link to the video footage?

switchlogic:

Conor:

I suppose it helps liven up an otherwise monotonous trunk to Lockerbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

Conor:

I can only go by the driving style I see which going over the A66 most nights of the week I get to see quite often.

DCPCFML:
Have you been saving video footage of these heinous crimes and forwarding them to the ■■■■■■■■ Constabulary for urgent attention and also written a strongly worded message on Manfreight’s Facebook page with a link to the video footage?

Waste of time, they know what goes on and they don’t care. Spent so long on hold trying to get through to them the other week because there was someone who was clearly going scouting either for load or diesel theft given how many times I passed him in a layby stood outside his car on his phone whilst looking towards the lorries that I managed to drive from Appleby to Scotch Corner before I gave up.

Conor:

switchlogic:

Conor:

I can only go by the driving style I see which going over the A66 most nights of the week I get to see quite often.

Exactly. Totally reasonable to judge an entire industry of a whole country based on seeing them on a single road every now and then. That sounds entirely reasonable.

Can’t say I blame them for treating the traffic lights as optional, especially on that junction where you can see if anything’s coming. Several sets of lights on my usual night runs get the same ‘optional’ treatment too. There is absolutely no need for traffic lights on roundabouts outside of peak periods. Once the peak is over the lights should be turned off, as used to happen about 25 years on the very few roundabouts that even had them. :imp: