Steering wheel knobs

Who uses a steering wheel knob and what brand did you buy ?
P/s I’m not interested about the XYZ blah blah not legal etc

blue estate:

If a “petrol-head” buys petrol,
who buys a knob?

Go ahead and strap a knob on, bolt one to your steering wheel that is and I’ll bet by the end of the day you’ll throw the ■■■■ thing out the window. :laughing:

Are these still a thing? I had one in the mid 90s for a little while until I realised what a pain in the arris they are and got shut.

Conor:
Are these still a thing? I had one in the mid 90s for a little while until I realised what a pain in the arris they are and got shut.

Yep some till use them even though most truck’s power steering is lighter than some cars

Franglais:
who buys a knob?

Outstanding! :laughing:

I love my knob. :smiley:
Had the same one since the 80s, wouldn’t be without it.
It’s been on numerous different trucks over the years .
You don’t see so many these days, but each to his own, I got one and just got used to it.
Great these days as I have dodgy upper arm tendons, so it’s especially handy when reversing.

robroy:
I love my knob. :smiley:
Had the same one since the 80s, wouldn’t be without it.
It’s been on numerous different trucks over the years .
You don’t see so many these days, but each to his own, I got one and just got used to it.
Great these days as I have dodgy upper arm tendons, so it’s especially handy when reversing.

My upper arm tendons are OK.
Ive been driving without a steering knob since the 70s… :bulb:
No it isn`t proof :smiley:

Yeah, about 50% of our drivers.

Any lorry i got into that had one it was removed or the motor didn’t go anywhere.
Superb on a fork truck.

Juddian:
Any lorry i got into that had one it was removed or the motor didn’t go anywhere.
Superb on a fork truck.

That sounds like some pretty tough talking (also, probably not true).
Are you the life and soul of the party as well [emoji848]

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Franglais:

blue estate:

who buys a knob?

ok that made me spit my tea across the room

Any vehicle apart from a fork lift truck equipped with one of these things always has two knobs.

One on the steering wheel, one in the driver’s seat.

Sidevalve:
Any vehicle apart from a fork lift truck equipped with one of these things always has two knobs.

Well seeing as I’ve said I’ve used one for years, that’ll be me then.
Would you care to share with us the basis of that well thought out intellectual and logical analysis, or did it just come from the top of your head.
I don’t wear ties, anybody who wears a tie is a knob… there ya go I’ve also thought a good un up.

:neutral_face: Ffs. :unamused: :laughing:

Saw the topic headline,my first thought you was on about some Drivers :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:
Who uses a steering wheel knob

Since brexit most have them have gone back home,

robroy:

Sidevalve:

Would you care to share with us the basis of that well thought out intellectual and logical analysis, or did it just come from the top of your head.
I don’t wear ties, anybody who wears a tie is a knob… there ya go I’ve also thought a good un up.

I’ve got a foden tie :sunglasses: :wink:

robthedog:

blue estate:
Who uses a steering wheel knob

Since brexit most have them have gone back home,

:laughing: Funny but not political correct :laughing:

Juddian:
Superb on a fork truck.

One of our lads had one on his Foden Haulmaster eight wheeler, when I drove it occasionally I found that I was forced to use it otherwise it cracked me on the wrist when steering normally! Not something I would want myself though but each to their own.

Pete.

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Sidevalve:

I’ve got a foden tie :sunglasses: :wink:

I used to have a scania tie years ago, probably still got it. Does that make me a complete knob? Also believe I got a ERF tie kicking about somewhere :open_mouth: