Tebay services

Found a link…

That claims the place is the service area from heaven.

I haven’t stopped there in decades so I can’t comment. It used to be good when I had a duvet and pyjamas in my lorry.

msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/w … hp&pc=U531

Looks good…but…looking on Google maps, a dozen parking places for trucks S.bound, and less than that N.bound?
Another sign of how we are treated. Decent facilities for tourists who travel for pleasure, less for those of us who do so in trucks.

google.fr/maps/@45.4072633, … 8192?hl=en
Compare and contrast

I do prefer it to J38 just down the road . Yes its expensive but I like the idea of locals serving local food rather than a faceless multinational chain and in my opinion the foods good .
Funniest moment was one day in the winter I was sitting at my lunch when a car pulled in and out gets this woman with twoalsatian dogs and procedes to walk right into the duckpond wick was completely hidden with ice and a covering of snow .

faceless multinational chain. i dont think so. They also built Gloucester services N/b and S/b out of their own money. :open_mouth:

Don’t the same people own J38 truckstop too?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

There’s a documentary behind the scenes about tbay currently showing on channel 4. I havent watched it.
But tbay is ok to stop at nice clean quiet plenty room for a walk etc.
But as for food.and drink etc forget it

Franglais:
Looks good…but…looking on Google maps, a dozen parking places for trucks S.bound, and less than that N.bound?
Another sign of how we are treated. Decent facilities for tourists who travel for pleasure, less for those of us who do so in trucks.

Compare and contrast

To be fair to them they own the truckstop at j38 a couple of miles away, purpose built for trucks cheaper than the normal services too for the same meal.

Ben9:

Franglais:

Compare and contrast

To be fair to them they own the truckstop at j38 a couple of miles away, purpose built for trucks cheaper than the normal services too for the same meal.

Fair play then.

(I still bet it ain`t 300 places though!) :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
faceless multinational chain. i dont think so. They also built Gloucester services N/b and S/b out of their own money. :open_mouth:

Think you’ve missed something !!

Franglais:

North bound was built a heck of a long time ago and there is seriously limited space even for cars. Southbound opened approx 1993 but didn’t need to provide truck parking due to J38.

I’ll let you into the secret though - cars and trucks are a nucience to be tolerated. What they really want are coaches! Management would wet themselves when they came in as you get 50 people for the same space as maybe 6 cars or 1 truck. Staff would of course hate it. One day we had 50 coaches in a shift…!

From memory, they are or at least were owned by a farmer and local bakery family combo who no doubt made a fortune. Staff never saw that for sure

Gloucester services has some decrnt trick parking bit Strensham (?) North just up the M5 shows how it should be done .

Worked Tebay as first job approx 28 years ago.

Food here is decent, proper cooked meals as opposed to eating out of a bag from one of the fast food chains, if you get a table by the windows the views nice too.
Always managed to park here even though it only has limited spaces.

trevHCS:

Franglais:

North bound was built a heck of a long time ago and there is seriously limited space even for cars. Southbound opened approx 1993 but didn’t need to provide truck parking due to J38.

I’ll let you into the secret though - cars and trucks are a nucience to be tolerated. What they really want are coaches! Management would wet themselves when they came in as you get 50 people for the same space as maybe 6 cars or 1 truck. Staff would of course hate it. One day we had 50 coaches in a shift…!

From memory, they are or at least were owned by a farmer and local bakery family combo who no doubt made a fortune. Staff never saw that for sure

Gloucester services has some decrnt trick parking bit Strensham (?) North just up the M5 shows how it should be done .

Worked Tebay as first job approx 28 years ago.

Yet oddly, Strensham South shows how it shouldn’t [emoji849]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Compare and contrast

Cairn Lodge services M74 owned by same outfit too.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Every time I parked at strensham south I got the curtains cut , always parked Michael Wood & never had a issue

Dozy, there is bridge linking Strensham North and South so potentially nick stuff and get away quickly using the bridge .