Drivers wanted @ Woodland Group

I seen this advert in the gents at Cherwell Valley services today. No depots near me but it’ll
maybe help others who may be actively looking to change jobs or get a start on a new career.

Another offering salary no hourly rates? Be low rates and max hours imo…

Lennoxtown:

I seen this advert in the gents at Cherwell Valley services today. No depots near me but it’ll
maybe help others who may be actively looking to change jobs or get a start on a new career.

You will change your mind after you read the Reviews about them from drivers

Spoke to one of their drivers in Barnsley yesterday. He told me they had all had a £5000 rise on their annual salary

The advertised salary is attractive but drivers like myself, 62 in a few months time, don’t want to do 13+ hour days. This is the issue that the industry needs to address.

ArcticMonkey:
Spoke to one of their drivers in Barnsley yesterday. He told me they had all had a £5000 rise on their annual salary

Heard the same. Couple left our spot last year to go there, and another lads leaving to start with them in couple of weeks.

At this rate it will only be a month or two before we have the 100,000 pa jobs

Lennoxtown:

Up to this point in my career I’ve learnt one thing - Everyone lies in transport.

So casting my jaded eye over this advert this is what I see;

15 hours, 13 hours, 24 rest paid back at max 3 week. Tramping.

Basically, you’re living in that truck.

No family life. No social life. No weekends.

I really hope I’m wrong and they’re offering 60k for a 45 hour week that includes weekends off.

Harry Monk:
The advertised salary is attractive but drivers like myself, 62 in a few months time, don’t want to do 13+ hour days. This is the issue that the industry needs to address.

I dom’t want more than 8 hours a day, never mind 13 ! :astonished: Got the hump this week as my cushy 7hr job isn’t available and only a 9hr one starting 7pm and finishing back in the yard for about 3.45 - 4am :angry: . Only agreed to do it because there’s 2 and a quarter hours sleep time down at the hub :stuck_out_tongue: . This truck-driving business is a hard life.

must be bad times and crap money if your advertising for drivers in services toilets.
Is the 5k a year pay rise on a basic 40 hours a week or on the 70 hours a week?
If you put an advert up for 90% of driving jobs. saying 30k basic for 40 hour week and time n half after 8 hours the transport managers phones wouldn’t stop ringing all day I could bet my left bollock on it.
well see how long before the penny drops.

Lennoxtown:

SNAP!
I saw this at Pease Pottage last night and photo’d it to show our drivers. They were only concerned I was taking photos in a gents lavatory!

Think the question is what were they on before the 5000 rise, you can usually tell how a company respects it drivers by what they wanted to pay before they had to increase it to get drivers
A word of warning make sure you have it all signed and sealed with the big money before the Taliban comes back
You have been warned

In some ways the advert is quite appealing although if I had written it I would have kept schtum about the Actros. :wink:

Contracts deals and pay is correct. I’m interested in the 4on4off and am waiting for things to be sorted.

Went through that contract with a toothcombe, and every query was fully answered by a telephone call back and followed up by an email to confirm

Couple of things in there I didn’t like at time but we discussed and quite happy with that .

Each person suppose interprets different but I can’t knock their comms over the job.

Personally I’m happy with terms and the actual job

If anyone’s doubt just ring them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dozy:
At this rate it will only be a month or two before we have the 100,000 pa jobs

Would you come out of retirement at that point?

Harry Monk:
In some ways the advert is quite appealing although if I had written it I would have kept schtum about the Actros. :wink:

:smiley:
Those that know will be giving the job a wide berth purely for that reason alone.

dcgpx:
Contracts deals and pay is correct. I’m interested in the 4on4off and am waiting for things to be sorted.

Went through that contract with a toothcombe, and every query was fully answered by a telephone call back and followed up by an email to confirm

Couple of things in there I didn’t like at time but we discussed and quite happy with that .

Each person suppose interprets different but I can’t knock their comms over the job.

so what’s the hourly rate and overtime? or is it a secret?
what’s the deal with 4 on 4 off what’s the basic salary doing 4 on 4 off with no extra shifts

Themoocher:

dcgpx:

what’s the deal with 4 on 4 off what’s the basic salary doing 4 on 4 off with no extra shifts

They offered £34600 for 12hr shifts ( think I worked that out to be about £15.50 ish ). Plus the £1000 sign up.

Can’t find email for OT I got back but worked out 1.5 for weekday/Sat and double for Sun/Bank Hols.

Bear in mind that OT is for Extra shifts, not normal scheduled days

Some might say not got enough but it’s ■■■■ more than on now for literally exact work

As I said each to own and I’m happy with offer

dcgpx:

Themoocher:

dcgpx:

They offered £34600 for 12hr shifts ( think I worked that out to be about £15.50 ish ). Plus the £1000 sign up.

Can’t find email for OT I got back but worked out 1.5 for weekday/Sat and double for Sun/Bank Hols.

Bear in mind that OT is for Extra shifts, not normal scheduled days

Some might say not got enough but it’s ■■■■ more than on now for literally exact work

As I said each to own and I’m happy with offer

35k for 4 on 4 off is pretty tempting lol
Yeah just done quick calculation based on 12 hour speads
184 days a year it’s nearly 16 a hour
Is that day work or tramping and is night out included in the 35k

Just for days - no idea what nights are and no there were no nights out, though obviously unforeseen circumstances mean may.

They said all work was planned for same day