·Monday – Friday Day Tramper - £41,008 per annum

·Tuesday – Saturday Night Tramper - £47,179 per annum

·Sunday – Thursday Day Driver - £32,044 per annum

·Monday – Friday Day Driver - £31,616 per annum

·Tuesday – Saturday Night Driver - £37,478 per annum

Not bad

Did jk rawlings write this
Stab hearts pay nah
If any stobart about want to show current pay slip.
Feel free
If you can’t get £900+a week why bother
Night money on top 2021 for God’s sake

Pretty good for a 48 hour week, plus nights out where applicable

oh wait :bulb:

Taken from the link below

totaljobs.com/job/hgv-drive … ob93368436

Nice how they include things that are a legal requirement like ppe and holidays as a perk, wonder if there is free parking for your car

ineedmoney:
Examples of shifts and salaries below;

·Sunday – Thursday Day Tramper - £44,324 per annum

Not bad

There’s a thread already on this. The new rates are £9.07/hr days mon-fri, £11.77/hr mon-fri tramping.

DCPCFML:
There’s a thread already on this. The new rates are £9.07/hr days mon-fri, £11.77/hr mon-fri tramping.

I’d be amazed if they could get drivers for £9.07 per hour even in low-pay areas of the country, where Stobart don’t tend to operate from anyway.

Likely, the “salaries” include all bonuses, night out money, rolled up holiday, and even the taxman PPE allowance… Oh, and the night out money - will be based on 5x of it per week, every week, meaning if you take any holiday (as is a legal requirement) or happen to not do tramping every week for a full year - then the actual pay earned - will be more like £400pw with the consolation that you at least get that every week.

That’s £20,800pa then.

Notice that the ad - doesn’t state “how many hours” are required of one…

For a “Salary” - one would surely expect a cap on hours, with everything above that defined cap as being time and a half??

Will we ever see 40 hour weeks in directly-employed full time contract like the rest of the public are used to?

…Tune into next week’s exciting episode of “Firms using creative accounting - to make a little more (1% up on last year’s rates) look like a fortune”… :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:
Likely, the “salaries” include all bonuses, night out money, rolled up holiday, and even the taxman PPE allowance… Oh, and the night out money - will be based on 5x of it per week, every week, meaning if you take any holiday (as is a legal requirement) or happen to not do tramping every week for a full year - then the actual pay earned - will be more like £400pw with the consolation that you at least get that every week.

That’s £20,800pa then.

For a “Salary” - one would surely expect a cap on hours, with everything above that defined cap as being time and a half??

Will we ever see 40 hour weeks in directly-employed full time contract like the rest of the public are used to?

…Tune into next week’s exciting episode of “Firms using creative accounting - to make a little more (1% up on last year’s rates) look like a fortune”… :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly. That’s why I’ve calculated the hourly rate based on maximum hours, because that’s what you’ll be doing much of the time.

DCPCFML:

ineedmoney:

Not bad

Days is £10.50

LisasGuy:
Nice how they include things that are a legal requirement like ppe and holidays as a perk, wonder if there is free parking for your car

They include it as I if I didn’t have it already would have to buy it , boots , uniform , pay for your cpc ,they pay sick pay , holiday pay etc , all things I never got when agency , so it may attract some , would I of preferred all of the above + there £10.50 ph , £15.00 per day meal allowance or my £15 ph but nothing else other than holidays when you want , It would be nice now getting sick pay that’s for sure , didn’t think much to paying for cpc either , and deducting money from your wage for your hols wasn’t good
It’s like a motorbike , if it’s got extras you advertise them , that’s all there doing
As for free car parking , why not advertise it , my mrs is nhs & has to pay it , my girl at city hospital notts can’t even get a parking permit

Winseer:

That’s £20,800pa then.

Why do you say that , they state mon - fri days as £41 k
There now on £10.50 ph ( not including extra £1 ph for starting before 6am , and working after 6 pm
If you just take the £10.50 ph x 71 + 5x£15 meal all + 4x25 night out = £47,866 , so how can night outs be included when there stating a rate of £41k & if you include night out money it’s nigh on £48 k it

DCPCFML:

ineedmoney:

Not bad

There is another thread and I asked you were you got £9.07 from because I was on more 3 yrs ago when I left , the day rate is £10.50 , was put up last week according to my mate who works for them

ineedmoney:

Not bad

My mate took home £1,018 , he works I think fri - tues( definitely includes sat /sun ) , he did max hours , a extra shift ( wed ) + got his £100 bonus for doing a extra shift
This was under the old pay rate ph , not the new one , but not sure if there still pay the £100 bonus for a extra shift .
I wouldn’t want the extra shift or the weekends , 70 hrs I did them most weeks until I went mon - thurs , but loads on here love the weekends ( apparently roads are quieter) & they love a xtra shift ( don’t see the attraction of spending time with family ) , so maybe what my nutty mate does would be right up there street as well

ineedmoney:

Not bad

As a comparison my last job was mon - fri nights , 28 k ,

No mention of the hours you would be doing or how much these rates include n/o money etc
Stobart the Ryanair equivalent to transport.

They are master of the “equivalent hourly rate” type pay. In fact I think they created it.

That plus fortnightly pay rules it out for me. Fortnightly is neither here nor there really for me.

Having said that I had a mate who cut his teeth there before moving on and he was positive about it. Reckons if you have even half a brain you get highly thought of which I sort of get.

Defintions…Definitions…

Just as the “Defined Benefits” Pension worked out fantastic for workers now having reached the age of retirement, the “Defined Contributions” Pension - means for all that expensive money you pay in, 6% for most people, with a chance to pay in more - actually loses you out, looking at the average pension fund returns for the past 20 years, which has been consistently below the rate of inflation.

No one has ever bothered to take the Pension Industry to task for running their funds as if it were the very Government Scheme that gets accused of being a Ponzi Scheme…
The only difference with the private pension fund industry - is that they have chosen and gone out of their way to make the fund growth levels so low… “Interest rates are too low” they say… FFS if all you can think of putting your multi billions in is “cash at the prevailing rate of interest” when the stock market has been up and up for years in a row… Then what hope does anyone have when their funds mature in 5-10 years time - of even getting back what you bloody well paid in?!

JOBS need to return to a “Defined Hours” footing, rather than “Defined Pay” for the same reasons then.

Stobarts offering £30k to drive a truck - sounds good, until you realize that you’re going to be earning that over 60-84 hours per week rather than the 35-40 hours it would be for the same type of people that have the superior defined benefits pensions.

If firms continue to push the envelope on top-heavy hourage all the time - eventually EVERYONE will leave whatever industries continue with this con, that’ll have so many of us never live to see retirement, and how the pension fund we paid 6% into - failed to even return one’s contributions, had one lived to retirement to expose the con still in progress…

ineedmoney:

Not bad

Until you realise that Stobart pay rates include the £15 a day tax free meal allowance which is questionable in it’s legality because HMRC usually require proof of money being spent on meals to claim it, and for trampers it also includes their night out money.

Winseer:
Defintions…Definitions…

Just as the “Defined Benefits” Pension worked out fantastic for workers now having reached the age of retirement, the “Defined Contributions” Pension - means for all that expensive money you pay in, 6% for most people, with a chance to pay in more - actually loses you out, looking at the average pension fund returns for the past 20 years, which has been consistently below the rate of inflation.

Please don’t ever get a job that involves maths or giving financial advice. You don’t have a scooby about either. The only way for a pension fund to have been below the rate of inflation for the last 15 months is if the fund managers put everything on black and it came out red. Literally impossible to lose money or not return double digit growth. My own SIPP which is invested in funds like pensions use, is up 25% from this time last year. Out of the last 5 years there’s only been one year where it fell below inflation - 6/7/2019-6/7/2020 when it was 0.44%, otherwise year on year it’s grown 16% 16-17, 6.81% 17-18, 9.6% 18-19, the 0.44% 19-20 and 25.91% 20-21.