Eddie Stobart **new pay rates just released**

dozy:

toonsy:
Not being funny but these days is 55k “good” money for maxing hours, constantly reducing every other week and kipping out away from home for nine nights out of every eleven worked?

Bearing in mind I work some five mins drive away from Rugby Truckstop in a permanent role, earn about 52k now without a sniff of a night out, without touching a curtain pole and without going anywhere near 60hrs in a week I’d say its not fantastic in any way shape or form since the recent bout of wage uplifts.

If stobarts who are well known for paying peanuts & buttons , are now paying 50k pa then I’d of thought the decent paying firms would be on a fair bit more than that , we had a thread once about wages & it was me and a couple more on £9 ish ph , the majority said they were on £15 ph , this must be going back 7/8 yrs at least , so as I say if stobarts are paying 50k then I’d of thought the decent payers ( I guess Tesco would be in that group ) would be paying a sight more than 50 k ( going by the thread we had on here )
I remember Tesco donny drivers telling me they’d never work for stobart wages ( funnily enough some did in the end ) as it was pitifull , so I’d of said they must of been on a fair bit more , so if stobarts are paying 50 k I’m amazed Tesco are only paying 50 k , strange times

It’s relatively to what is dine for the money so level the hours off to compare. I do around 50hrs a week, my salary will be just north of 50k. Andrejs says it works out at Stobbies at £15.50 earlier in the thread so if he just did the same 50hrs that’s £775 a week or 40k a year.

Of course going the other way, if I maxed out my hours, worked a six/five pattern, spent nine nights out of eleven shifts I’m sure I’d get more than 50k.

In no way am I bragging or anything, I just simply believe that in this day and age, agency or full time, £15.50ph is not good money, its simply the maxing of the hours that makes it look good which is the hallmark of every tinpot general haulage outfit.