Spread over hours

Little help needed please

In the past few months my job has changed quite dramatically ( but in a good way )
Hours and nights out have increased a lot .
This means I am now having to keep my eye on the ball regarding driving hours etc , something that I have never really needed to do , just the usual 6 hour rule or 4.5hrs driveing before a break etc .

I am now getting very close to maxing hours .
I thing I need to know which I am unsure of once I have used up 3 x 15 hours spread over
What is the max spread over I can do for the other days
Is it 11 ?
Thanks in advance

The rules don’t view spread overs they see it as daily rest periods fitting in the 24 hr period so 3 reduced rests of 9 hrs the others 11hrs or as you see it 3 15 hr days and rest 13 hr .

Dan is quite correct. However, and I’m sure you know this, the 24 hr periods which he refers to are not midnight to midnight as a lot of people believe, but are the 24 hrs which commences from whenever you start your shift.
I don’t know how your work is organised, but a lot of drivers like to try to keep a 15 hr available till the last duty period of the week, just in case the wife has a big juicy steak on the grill on the Friday night, and then you run out of spread over and have to overnight in a layby with a can of Monster and a Ginsters lung and scrotum pasty.
Meanwhile, her indoors, having bought and cooked the steak, doesn’t want to waste it, so has to find someone to share it with.
I think this topic has been done to death already but hey ho!!

The above replies are correct. But easy maths tells you that if you have to take a full break, (11hrs) not a reduced break (9hrs) then
24 minus 11 equals 13.
So, you cannot exceed 13hrs ‘spreadover’.
The only exception being if you can get a solid 3hrs break inside thst day so that a 9hrs daily rest is then treated as a full, rather than a reduced rest.

Also, if you’re now maxing hours, don’t forget about the 48/60hr wtd rule too. Which runs fixed Monday to Sunday, not between weekly rest periods. The 10hr driving rule, and the reduced weekly rest rule. Boy don’t we have it easy!

Plus the 90 hours a fortnight driving limit

Old John:
Dan is quite correct. However, and I’m sure you know this, the 24 hr periods which he refers to are not midnight to midnight as a lot of people believe, but are the 24 hrs which commences from whenever you start your shift.
I don’t know how your work is organised, but a lot of drivers like to try to keep a 15 hr available till the last duty period of the week, just in case the wife has a big juicy steak on the grill on the Friday night, and then you run out of spread over and have to overnight in a layby with a can of Monster and a Ginsters lung and scrotum pasty.
Meanwhile, her indoors, having bought and cooked the steak, doesn’t want to waste it, so has to find someone to share it with.
I think this topic has been done to death already but hey ho!!

Well if the topic has been done before you weren’t listening , leaving a 15 for last shift , no chance , they were gone by Wednesday , 13 hr 5 mins if need be , that why I had a fair few conversations over wasting 15,s , but it never altered my thinking , get rid of the 15 .s as fast as I could