Where's the money?

I’m returning to the UK after a couple of years living in Europe. I’m completely out of touch with pay and conditions for class 1 work. I’m willing to live in any part of the UK. I’m looking for maximum earnings. I don’t mind tramping or long hours. Weekends are irrelevant to me. So where can I go to earn the most?

Doncaster.

General haulage gaffers ■■■■■■■■■

Best check with Olive Oyl your partner first if you are planning to go tramping mate.
Theres a high divorce rate amongst trampers who are away long hours every week,.and apparentlly their wives all play away whilst on their own at home…and I ain’t talking women’s football… :slight_smile:

robroy:
Best check with Olive Oyl your partner first if you are planning to go tramping mate.
Theres a high divorce rate amongst trampers who are away long hours every week,.and apparentlly their wives all play away whilst on their own at home…and I ain’t talking women’s football… :slight_smile:

Very true ! ^

Depends if she’s good looking though. If she’s a bit of a swamp monster you’re probably safe. :slight_smile:

East Midlands Rdc work, no nights out and if you work weekends as your shift patterns you can earn way over £50000 year on agency work, especially if rates hold up like they are at the moment.

Keep away from general haulage though more interesting but less money.

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Very true ! ^

Depends if she’s good looking though. If she’s a bit of a swamp monster you’re probably safe. :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing:

Stacking shelves at Aldi… allegedly.

robroy:

Not the kind of music for everyone I guess, but I’ve been a big Zappa fan for a lot of years and I cant resist posting this :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=lFXVEo0G6Mk

Bristol area and Avonmouth as they are building new RDC ‘s and NDC’ s all the time , as they say ,business is booming.
Not sure what Kings heavy haulage are paying these days ?

popeye1810:
I’m returning to the UK after a couple of years living in Europe. I’m completely out of touch with pay and conditions for class 1 work. I’m willing to live in any part of the UK. I’m looking for maximum earnings. I don’t mind tramping or long hours. Weekends are irrelevant to me. So where can I go to earn the most?

Weekends maybe irrelevant to you now , but I bet you’ll soon be like the rest of the bloody idiots on here who do them now , blaming everyone but yourself for having to work them !!!

Anywhere where there’s lots of RDCs from multiple large companies.

The midlands has gone mad pal
Have a look on the job sites…

Beetlejuice:
The midlands has gone mad pal
Have a look on the job sites…

Yes have to agree , even east midland are £13/14/15 ph + , just a few still trying to get away with the £10/11 ph though

South East 19ph and £1000 welcome bonus for class 2.

Popeye check out jobs with Gregory distribution as they own Hayton Coulthard, Scotland and other Scottish hauliers as well as milk tanker and recycling companies all over the UK.

Tarmaceater:
Bristol area and Avonmouth as they are building new RDC ‘s and NDC’ s all the time , as they say ,business is booming.

It certainly is there

Bristol is expensive though - places within commuting distance are much cheaper

Tarmaceater:
Popeye check out jobs with Gregory distribution as they own Hayton Coulthard, Scotland and other Scottish hauliers as well as milk tanker and recycling companies all over the UK.

he said he wanted to earn good money, not get a bum steer

Thejpmshow:

Tarmaceater:

It certainly is there

Bristol is expensive though - places within commuting distance are much cheaper

Live in Newport Cwmbran area but work in Avonmouth/Severn Beach area is your best bet.

robthedog:

Tarmaceater:

he said he wanted to earn good money, not get a bum steer

:grimacing:

Milk tankers in Haverfordwest. Ex-farm rigid. 6on-2off (I kid you not). £500 a week… :open_mouth:

I laughed so hard, I nearly hurt myself