Blue tooth and phones

Be gentle with me as this tyoe of stuff ain’t my strong point. :blush: :smiley: not that I’m thick (yep I know open to opinion :laughing: ) just that I ain’t got a great deal of interest in this sort of stuff, so ain’t pursued it, so like most things I just deal with it on a need to know basis.
So…
I eventually :unamused: got my new phone mated up with the bluetooth in the Actros.

What I want to know is…
Can you pair up two phones simultaneously, ( ie my works phone on there along with my own)
If so whilst initially pairing up, do you need to knock off the already connected phone, and when both paired up, abd in the event of them both receiving an incoming call at the same time, what happens,?..does one override the other, depending on which phone you answer, or what.

robroy:
Be gentle with me as this tyoe of stuff ain’t my strong point. :blush: :smiley: not that I’m thick (yep I know open to opinion :laughing: ) just that I ain’t got a great deal of interest in this sort of stuff, so ain’t pursued it, so like most things I just deal with it on a need to know basis.
So…
I eventually :unamused: got my new phone mated up with the bluetooth in the Actros.

What I want to know is…
Can you pair up two phones simultaneously, ( ie my works phone on there along with my own)
If so whilst initially pairing up, do you need to knock off the already connected phone, and when both paired up, abd in the event of them both receiving an incoming call at the same time, what happens,?..does one override the other, depending on which phone you answer, or what.

Nope you can’t have 2 pored up at the same on a claptros unless the new ones have a different stereo
So if you want to use works phone you have to pair that and change it to use your own phone

Ok cheers mate.
I’ll stick to my present option that I usually do… keep my own phone connected and ignore the works one. :laughing:

I can in mine but its a new one so that’s probably why.

Only truck I’ve ever driven that would let you pair 2 devices was a 17 reg daf.
I wish more would let you pair 2 devices make life easier

edd1974:

MAN TGX will from late 2018

blue estate:

edd1974:

How? I drive 68 reg man
Then again radios basic no Bluetooth or usb connectivity.

edd1974:

blue estate:

edd1974:

How? I drive 68 reg man

MAN’s are famous for sitting unsold in fields for years and the number plate bears little correlation to the year of manufacture. Some of our 18 plates are actually newer built models than some of our 19 plates.

edd1974:

Version 4 and 5 Volvos with the upgraded media system will let you pair 2 phones at once .

Bluetooth can support more than one connection at the same time, the problem is the people who design the stereo or truck or whatever is doing the handsfree deciding not to.

the maoster:

edd1974:

blue estate:

edd1974:

How? I drive 68 reg man

MAN’s are famous for sitting unsold in fields for years and the number plate bears little correlation to the year of manufacture. Some of our 18 plates are actually newer built models than some of our 19 plates.

must add these are the Traxon gear boxed ones

My DAF can support 2 phones at once, but it’s a 19 plate.

New Scarrnia allows you 2 Bluetooth devices.

My SEAT car does, must be a VW thing.

toonsy:
I can in mine but its a new one so that’s probably why.

Is that an Actros??
I know it will retain info for more than one at a time, but will it connect to them both? I haven’t tried and not near a truck at the moment, so can’t try!

I think it’s easier to have 1 phone then just don’t answer it if office or any one you don’t want to speak to rings

If the aim is simply to be able to answer incoming calls that come in on the company phone while you’re driving, a simple bodge would be to set it to divert to your personal phone.

Just need to remember to cancel the divert when you go home off duty…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

You could always get a phone that tskes 2 sims.

robroy:
Ok cheers mate.
I’ll stick to my present option that I usually do… keep my own phone connected and ignore the works one. :laughing:

Or, and I’m rather pleased I thought of this as you probably will be, just give you personal phone number to work. :slight_smile:

Your welcome. :laughing: :wink: :wink: