Best truck sat nav

I’m going to buy a new truck sat nav any recommendations? I’ve had a snooper, not bad

Use the “search this topic” function and all will be revealed grasshopper.

the maoster:

I just tried that and my own post came up and nothing else am I doing something wrong

Go back to the index page mate and where it says “search forum” type in truck sat nav. Good luck, there’s a lot to read.

hornblower3:

the maoster:

I just tried that and my own post came up and nothing else am I doing something wrong

Just type “satnav” in the search box and you’ll have 1,000,000 threads to read, all saying the same thing.

I would say the Tom Tom professional, but it’s now throwing a fit, and not sending you through the Dartford tunnel, as it thinks all lanes are 7.5t, stoopid machine… So it will continually try to make you use the ferry .

biggriffin:
I would say the Tom Tom professional, but it’s now throwing a fit, and not sending you through the Dartford tunnel, as it thinks all lanes are 7.5t, stoopid machine… So it will continually try to make you use the ferry .

Thanks apart from that it good though?

DCPCFML:

hornblower3:

the maoster:

Just type “satnav” in the search box and you’ll have 1,000,000 threads to read, all saying the same thing.

it is not happening?

Sure, OK. :unamused:

I see why you need a satnav when you can’t even work the internet.

biggriffin:

I recently persuaded/ripped off a fellow driver and bought a Tom Tom pro from him and it’s the first sat nav I’ve owned with live traffic on it. I’m actually impressed by that now I’ve learned to trust it. An example would be that we do a lot of deliveries to the north west and from our yard the only viable routes are either across the A52/Nottingham/Stoke and up the M6 or up the A1 to Ferrybridge and turn left. The sat nav normally routes me the Stoke way, but it’ll occasionally choose Ferrybridge. I’ve learned to trust it because invariably there’s a big problem on the route it doesn’t choose.

DCPCFML:
I see why you need a satnav when you can’t even work the internet.

I was looking for help, not cynicism, sling it

I have a snooper s810

It’s pretty good, the graphics are a bit old hat but it’s never let me down (other than a dodgy charging cable)

I bought a TomTom when the charger cable failed, I found it to be lacking (kept losing position and struggling to re-find it), so I returned it for being faulty once the replacement Snooper cable arrived

Can I just volunteer to be the first to say the same old predictable inevitable answer that you get on all these (■■■■ tedious :smiley: ) threads from the more experienced driver…yawn.
Minimal requirement…
A cheap basic sat nav paired up with a bridge height map…works for me.btw :sunglasses:
I thank you. :smiley:

robroy:
Can I just volunteer to be the first to say the same old predictable inevitable answer that you get on all these ([zb] tedious :smiley: ) threads from the more experienced driver…yawn.
Minimal requirement…
A cheap basic sat nav paired up with a bridge height map…works for me.btw :sunglasses:

This :smiley:

biggriffin:

I’ve heard such drivers drive amongst us :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Can I just volunteer to be the first to say the same old predictable inevitable answer that you get on all these ([zb] tedious :smiley: ) threads from the more experienced driver…yawn.
Minimal requirement…

The modern generation of “drivers” wouldn’t know how to read a map if their life depended on it, hence why they need an “app” to nanny them and tell them which way to turn the wheel. :unamused:

biggriffin:

I noticed this last week at Datford. There is an update out though so I hopefully its addresed this.

To the original poster…get yourself a TomTom proffesional. yes they are expensive but worth there weight in gold.
I do a lot of work in London and its just superb. The live traffic is really accurate and will offer you an alternative route.

BUT also have an old fashioned mapbook. There will be imes in a city you might get a dead spot and having that map as a back up will get you out of a muddle.

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

The modern generation of “drivers” wouldn’t know how to read a map if their life depended on it, hence why they need an “app” to nanny them and tell them which way to turn the wheel. :unamused:

Sorry mate, but you really need to stop keeping on generalisng on subjects on here.
I know many of the ‘new generation’ who are totally capable, one or two in particular who have learned from their Dad, and use the modern tech but still consult a map, (not necessarily a paper one) because they are clever enough to realise that you only actually LEARN routes that way, rather than just blindly following a sat nav
Ask one of these totally reliant sat nav types actual directions to a drop they have done,
I’ll virtually guarantee that they will not know, as they have not taken it in.
That is why these amateurs/clowns take a day on the sick with a broken sat nav. :smiley:

robroy:

DCPCFML:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Minimal requirement…

Sorry mate, but you really need to stop keeping on generalisng on subjects on here.
I know many of the ‘new generation’ who are totally capable, one or two in particular who have learned from their Dad, and use the modern tech but still consult a map, (not necessarily a paper one) because they are clever enough to realise that you only actually LEARN routes that way, rather than just blindly following a sat nav
Ask one of these totally reliant sat nav types actual directions to a drop they have done,
I’ll virtually guarantee that they will not know, as they have not taken it in.
That is why these amateurs/clowns take a day on the sick with a broken sat nav. :smiley:

The latter you reference, are the former.

* Generalise : of, involving etc all, most or very many people, things etc.

I will keep generalising as that is exactly the correct definition.