Best paid jobs for class 2

Hi Guys, not sure if i have this in the right section.

Ive had my class 2 for a few years now, most recently delivering gas cylinders on a 7.5tonne around North Wales.

Im just wondering is there a way i can use my licence to earn decent money, is there a job market travelling long distance with a rigid, maybe international that pays 30k +

I live on Anglesey in Wales and there is no money here, i need to earn alot more to provide for my family but class1 is something i really dont want to get into. i recently passed all the assesments for a trainee train driver vacancy but the final interview with the company train drivers didnt go my way, which was gutting after all the travelling for the different assesments.

a guy i used to work with kept going on about an industry he used to work in, transporting things for movie sets and he said there was alot of money in that?

I just dont know where to look or what exactly it is im looking for, any help is greatly appreciated guys.

DeanieBeanie:

Ive had my class 2 for a few years now, most recently delivering gas cylinders on a 7.5tonne around North Wales.

Im just wondering is there a way i can use my licence to earn decent money, is there a job market travelling long distance with a rigid, maybe international that pays 30k +

I live on Anglesey in Wales and there is no money here, i need to earn alot more to provide for my family but class1 is something i really dont want to get into. i recently passed all the assesments for a trainee train driver vacancy but the final interview with the company train drivers didnt go my way, which was gutting after all the travelling for the different assesments.

a guy i used to work with kept going on about an industry he used to work in, transporting things for movie sets and he said there was alot of money in that?

I just dont know where to look or what exactly it is im looking for, any help is greatly appreciated guys.

Depends what type of work you are after. I got offered a job at nisa class 2 34k per year with 800 a month bonus until December but turned it down. I’ve also got my adr and looking at going into fuels. I live in Stoke btw

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Domestic oil tankers or waste vacuum tankers usually pay well are in demand in rural areas…
Good money but can be hard dirty work dragging hoses across gardens

What about 8 wheelers?
Tarmac or muck away?

I would say that movie sets and entertainment stuff would be very sporadic. There is no big money in lorries. Try for skips and/or tippers you would get longer hours on those jobs. If there is a Royal Mail or Parcel Force see about getting in with them . If you dont mind being dirty (Matron) sewage tankers ,you usually have showers at work so not that bad.

spike78:
Domestic oil tankers or waste vacuum tankers usually pay well are in demand in rural areas…
Good money but can be hard dirty work dragging hoses across gardens

spent a year on vacuum tankers with a waste company emptying septic tanks and working on Welsh Water sites, £10 an hour

ag1992:

DeanieBeanie:

Depends what type of work you are after. I got offered a job at nisa class 2 34k per year with 800 a month bonus until December but turned it down. I’ve also got my adr and looking at going into fuels. I live in Stoke btw

yeh i also have my ADR but only in gases for cylinders and tanks

£15 ph at crick xpo building site stuff… through an agency £ = paye on indeed…

Bidfood are paying well into the high 30k bracket now (38-39), can’t get multidrop drivers for love nor money….nearly everywhere that has a kitchen are slowly running out of supplies….care homes, hospitals, pubs, restaurants and everywhere else that relies on the Foodservice for supplies

Some of the better paid class 2 work may involve significant manual labour either in offloading products manually from cages / pallets, or playing tetris with ambient, chilled and frozen cages / pallets in the back of the vehicle. Also, throw in taking recycling and empties and not forgetting taking tonne pallets off on the tail-lift.

2 words right there that the youngsters are ■■■■ scared of these days…… manual labour……if they can’t sit about at a pallet hub for hours on end, it’s not for them……heaven forbid anyone having to work for a living these days

Get on the block grabs

Depends what hours you’re prepared to work. Commercial recycling on the dustcarts pays £14.60 at two of the biggest companies for the 2pm-11:30pm shift. Bonus of around £200 per month which is roughly equal to being on £15.60 per hour across the 47.5hr week. About £36.5k a year.

Working evenings is a deal breaker for some but I like it. I’m home by midnight, chill for a couple hours, then have a lie in every morning. Never work weekends and enjoy Sundays much more knowing I haven’t got an early start Monday.

You can get decent monies on class 2 even in general haulage .
I do uk work ( no tail lift bonus ) mainly RDC or large companies
Approx 2 nights out per week
Average of 54 hours per week
No multi drop , mainly distance ,
Packed goods , timber and machinery.
Same truck , well maintained , left alone
Take home pay approx £550 a week

Well seems decent to me
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that was decent .

Happy Trucker1:
You can get decent monies on class 2 even in general haulage .
I do uk work ( no tail lift bonus ) mainly RDC or large companies
Approx 2 nights out per week
Average of 54 hours per week
No multi drop , mainly distance ,
Packed goods , timber and machinery.
Same truck , well maintained , left alone
Take home pay approx £550 a week

Well seems decent to me
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that was decent .

Don’t worry, someone will doubtless be along soon to tell you what a mug you are for doing a job that you are content with, and for money you are content with.
Nothing wrong with looking around, but don’t get obsessed with pay alone. Some will always tell you how much better off they are. (Partly to boost their own egos, of course)

Not sure if they do any thing up your way but Martin Brower pay up to 18ph class 2 doing maccys deliveries.

I’m just changing my job, I’m currently an ADR class 2 driver on £10.75 an hour, got ■■■■■■ off with the routers and gave in my notice, just got a job driving for XPO delivering domestic appliances through an agency temp to perm £12ph £30 nights out PAYE. Start Thursday fingers crossed theyre ok to work for!!

Stephenjp:
I’m just changing my job, I’m currently an ADR class 2 driver on £10.75 an hour, got ■■■■■■ off with the routers and gave in my notice, just got a job driving for XPO delivering domestic appliances through an agency temp to perm £12ph £30 nights out PAYE. Start Thursday fingers crossed theyre ok to work for!!

I was on 10.88 on adr cylinders and just left my job also. Back onto skips on £13 pH no stress with adr and start and finish times pretty similar year around.

DeanieBeanie:

Bidfood in Speke paying £18 per hour thru Pertemps

My workmate reckons his mate gets £230 a day working on the motorways etc. Unsociable hours though.