Whats the most you have spent . .

on the vehicle you have driven/drive ?
Mine was about 35 Euro for some TGV air horns, followed by a £25 cool box from Wellesbourne market. In recent years it stretches to a couple of quid a month, for a couple of air fresheners and Fabreeze

Suedehead:
on the vehicle you have driven/drive ?
Mine was about 35 Euro for some TGV air horns, followed by a £25 cool box from Wellesbourne market. In recent years it stretches to a couple of quid a month, for a couple of air fresheners and Fabreeze

Sweet F A :open_mouth:

I have a microwave, TV, coolbox, stove, bedding etc for a basic night out kit, but non of those where specifically for one truck

£250 on a Waeco 12/24v compressor fridge , and made that back selling it when I got a truck with a built in fridge
Specific stuff £50 set of mats

blue estate:
£250 on a Waeco 12/24v compressor fridge , and made that back selling it when I got a truck with a built in fridge

£50 for a set of mats :neutral_face:

Mats are…

Really expensive. When I worked for BCA a couple of the ‘must check’ items was car mats and second after that was the parcel shelf. Apparently those items sell like hotcakes.

£0
not my truck and I won’t spend a penny on it. EVER

£1 for an air freshner tree style. Needless to say it wasn’t there 2 days later. Actually it was 50p because I got 2 for a pound 1 fir my car still there 3 months later :open_mouth:

Suedehead:

blue estate:

£50 for a set of mats :neutral_face:

Proper moulded rubber mats from the dealer are expensive, but worth it as the moulded edges keep all the mud and grit contained within the mat so it’s easy to take out and brush/shake it off. Cheap non-moulded mats mean that much of the crud falls off the edges and gets underneath it onto the floorpan which becomes a pain in the arse. You rarely get any change out of £100 for a set of branded mats.

Thrupence. When the wipers packed up I stopped in Bletchingley and bought a potato.

I bought a compressor fridge, several years back before they were fitted by manufacturers, and installed that.
But, since the truck didn’t like cold beer, I figure that was more for me than for the truck.

cav551:
Thrupence. When the wipers packed up I stopped in Bletchingley and bought a potato.

[emoji3]
Thrupence! That would double the value of half the trucks I’ve driven!

bought a set of flags to put in my windscreen back in the day :sunglasses: :laughing:

That reminds me, i used to have a jolly roger flag hung in the back of the cab . . . illuminated by one them neon blacklights :blush:

£105 on a set of mats from Gonia good value mats for the whole floor

I hate to think, I spent most of my time in a CB shop when I was 21/22. meters, twigs, rigs, gold PL259, speakers, mikes, horns, clothing badges, 10-4

It’s a work vehicle, ain’t my job to spend my money on it. My lad is a different story, recent purchase for him were some custom button plush fake leather floor mats. He’s a tank polisher so it came as little surprise.