Hermes Rugby

Does anyone have first hand experience of driving for Hermes, Rugby? I have heard conflicting views, some say its good some say its bad.

You’ll find everyone saying that about every job. Why not go find out for yourself instead of basing a decision on what others have said? I’ve done some jobs over the years that people said were crap and they’ve turned out to be a real gem. Best part was plenty of work and good money because people stayed away after they’d asked others whether they should do it and got told no even though the person replying most likely hadn’t even worked there but had decided from what they’d heard it was crap.

The agency wanted me to go for an unpaid assessment there but when I found out this would take 6-7 hours I told them they would be paying me for that then but multi-billion pound Hermes wouldn’t do that so I told the agency to poke it.

I could walk it to work there.

I dont though.

I’ve been in there on and off for a few months. Job is what you make it. Different truck every day, just hope you follow a tidy driver & any defects have been sorted. As many hours as you want, avg 10-12hrs Traffic office staff polite ish, usually 1 run out & collection back, sometimes 2 if local ish. Never had a problem with depots or collections. Need to pay attention in yard, shunters drive like c#@ts. Rates have just risen £14 days, extra on fridays, sat, sun.
Toilets are disgusting.
Officially they like you to take breaks in yard or depots, but I’ve never had problem stopping where i like, when i need a break.

I used to do trunking runs into Rugby for a while on agency. Pay rates were £15 an hour back then PAYE but they changed agency and the rates plummeted. No idea if things changed as I moved on.

Office staff were alright but rather useless and expected me to arrange my own breakdown recovery when I broke down in their yard - In a Hermes vehicle, just not from Rugby.

When things go well, it’s fine but one hiccup and the whole house of cards seems to come crashing down.

In 6 months I had 3 breakdowns in Hermes vehicles. Haven’t broken down since and hadn’t broken down before that so they clearly don’t look after their vehicles… Rugby Daf Aid are a nice bunch though :laughing:

UPS, DPD and Royal Mail typically pay more and have better working conditions if you’re doing Class 1 Trunking

toonsy:

I dont though.

after different posts you’ve made in the past toonsy about your location to panics depot and how long it takes you to get there i was wondering if you lived in wibtoft ? obvs you dont have to answer this…just a nosey bugger… :slight_smile: :neutral_face:

m.a.n rules:

toonsy:

I dont though.

after different posts you’ve made in the past toonsy about your location to panics depot and how long it takes you to get there i was wondering if you lived in wibtoft ? obvs you dont have to answer this…just a nosey bugger… :slight_smile: :neutral_face:

We could turn this a slightly different version of WAI my guess is in the housing estate off the first roundabout as you come into Rugby and is the prize a free cuppa when next in the area?

m.a.n rules:

toonsy:

I dont though.

No. Closer lol.

Opposite Hermes on the other side of the dual carriageway there’s a new build estate. I live in there. So yeah Hermes is literally just across the road and the walk to Panic would essentially be a stroll down the road (but literally for the last bit, actually down the road as there’s no path)

Alternatively I could walk the Great Central to Panic, but at 3/4am, in the dark, mud, rain and the last part of hiking through a field which sometimes has cows in it puts me off that one :laughing:

Mazzer2:

m.a.n rules:

toonsy:

I dont though.

We could turn this a slightly different version of WAI my guess is in the housing estate off the first roundabout as you come into Rugby and is the prize a free cuppa when next in the area?

Bingo :laughing:

gotcha, nosiness satisfied thank you… :wink:

toonsy:

Mazzer2:

m.a.n rules:

toonsy:

I dont though.

Bingo :laughing:

Milk one suger thanks :smiley: