Best firm to go into europe ? The irish?

So out of all the irish firms doing europe
Who would be best to go with ?
Specifically who could I earn the most with
Tia

jigjog94:
Tia

Depends if you want to earn it legit or illegally

I’m no straight arrow :stuck_out_tongue:

jigjog94:
I’m no straight arrow :stuck_out_tongue:

Ronan Hughes
You can earn some wedge with them boys

jigjog94:
Tia

McDonalds. If you did the hours you’d do with any of that lot just flipping burgers at your local Maccy D’s you’d have a load more money in your pocket.

You can’t take it with you !!

Conor:

jigjog94:
Tia

McDonalds. If you did the hours you’d do with any of that lot just flipping burgers at your local Maccy D’s you’d have a load more money in your pocket.

Is that a fact? Since when have you been an expert on this? Can you tell us of your experiences of doing Europe for an Irish firm.

To the OP as with the UK there are plenty of vacencies at the moment, are you living in UK or Ireland? if in UK then you would be better of applying to companies that have a base in the UK and saying that you would like to do European work for them, Dixons and Virginia both have a depot in the UK. If you’re living in Ireland then I would try O’Tooles they are amongst the higher payers unsure of rates at companies at the moment as they seem to be constantly rising due to driver shortages.
Maguire seems to have a lot of English based drivers so he could be worth a shout too
Forgot to mention Kelly European as well

Conor:

jigjog94:
Tia

Driving a lorry is a breeze though. I might crack out a single 15-hour day in my roofing job and feel it for the rest of the week, compared to easily doing six in a row driving a lorry.

Mazzer2:
Is that a fact? Since when have you been an expert on this? Can you tell us of your experiences of doing Europe for an Irish firm.

I wouldn’t do a single mile for an Irish firm, wouldn’t want to take such a big pay cut, wouldn’t want to be associated in any way, shape or form with an Irish haulier because all of them are as bent as a nine bob note. It’s been interesting how the numbers have dropped on the A66 since DVSA started to tug them on nights at Todhills.

Judging by the fact they’re almost all driven by kids barely 18 years old in blinged up V8 Scanias on the limit shoving you up the backside and when you get to the roundabouts at either end of the A66 they go steaming through red lights even though one of the roundabouts is right next door to the Police county headquarters and taking their breaks on the slip roads because they have to eek out every last km they can before stopping I can only summise the run money is crap and the only way it looks better than burger flipping money is by carving the hell out of the job and running bent.

Tell you what, if you think it’s so good then tell me what they’re paying for these trips and where those trips are going and then we can work out for ourselves what the hourly rate is. I’m betting it’s barely minimum wage.

Conor:

Mazzer2:

I wouldn’t do a single mile for an Irish firm, wouldn’t want to take such a big pay cut, wouldn’t want to be associated in any way, shape or form with an Irish haulier because all of them are as bent as a nine bob note. It’s been interesting how the numbers have dropped on the A66 since DVSA started to tug them on nights at Todhills.

Judging by the fact they’re almost all driven by kids barely 18 years old in blinged up V8 Scanias on the limit shoving you up the backside and when you get to the roundabouts at either end of the A66 they go steaming through red lights even though one of the roundabouts is right next door to the Police county headquarters and taking their breaks on the slip roads because they have to eek out every last km they can before stopping I can only summise the run money is crap and the only way it looks better than burger flipping money is by carving the hell out of the job and running bent.

Tell you what, if you think it’s so good then tell me what they’re paying for these trips and where those trips are going and then we can work out for ourselves what the hourly rate is. I’m betting it’s barely minimum wage.

Firstly people going over the A66 with the odd exception are not doing Europe,
So here is my current week
Friday 10am start load Armagh drive to Dublin catch the 4pm sailing to Cherbourg
Saturday 11am start drive to Saarbrucken finish around 10.30pm
Monday 3.30am start 1st delivery west of Frankfurt 2nd drop 130 east of Eisenach then drive to Eisenach to reload Tuesday morning finished at
2.30pm
Tuesday 7am start load drive to Calias parked up in Calais at 8.30pm would ahve been an hour earlier but heavy traffic in Germany
Wednesday 05.45 start ferry into Dover tip on Lympne Industrial estate reload Sitra Dover tip Iceland Enfield finish 8.40pm ironic that the only long day is
in the UK
Today 9.30am start one collection in the midalnds and will in Holyhead for 8pm to tip when off the boat.

Hardly busted my balls or clocked up big hours continental work is more driving than sitting around in RDC’s the 2 drops in Germany took no longer than 30 minutes a piece 2 hours to load compared with 3 and a half hours to tip in Iceland.
Last year I took home £30,000 which is high for the area I live in and cosiderably higher than hauliers local to me.
Irish hauliers all bent? Bit of a generalisation only need to look in Commercial Motor to see that UK hauliers are no saints Mansell Davies spring to mind, and now that more UK firms seem to be getting pulled more will come to light.
Stick to what you know rather than talking out of your backside a guy asked for advice which you cannot give him so better to say nothing than bull, and while we’re at it can produce the evidence of a McDonald’s burger flipper taking home £30,000

You don’t take home £30,000, you take home about £25k plus £5k night out money.

So out all week, working weekends with 11+hr days for £30,000. Take the ~£5000 night out money out of that and even if that is take home and not top end you’re doing 60hr or more weeks including weekends for roughly £31,500k top line before stoppages which is ~£10/hr. If you assume a premium rate for Saturday and Sunday of even time and a quarter for both days you’re working for ~£9/hr, Maccy D money.

A McDonalds burger flipper doing the hours you do would take home the same money if you weren’t including your night out allowance as part of your wage.

Last year I took home £30,000 which is high for the area I live in

It may high for your area but it’s only high because you’re working 50% more hours than most people are, are away from home all week and working weekends which they don’t. If they were doing the hours what you were they’d likely be on more.

Conor:

So out all week, working weekends with 11+hr days for £30,000. Take the ~£5000 night out money out of that and even if that is take home and not top end you’re doing 60hr or more weeks including weekends for roughly £31,500k top line before stoppages which is ~£10/hr. If you assume a premium rate for Saturday and Sunday of even time and a quarter for both days you’re working for ~£9/hr, Maccy D money.

A McDonalds burger flipper doing the hours you do would take home the same money if you weren’t including your night out allowance as part of your wage.

It may high for your area but it’s only high because you’re working 50% more hours than most people are, are away from home all week and working weekends which they don’t. If they were doing the hours what you were they’d likely be on more.

Didn’t know you were also an expert on the Irish tax system who mentioned night out money?
No commnents about bent UK hauliers if you care to look at the plates of those who annoy you so much on the 66 you’ll see that the vast majority are on UK plates so under the juristriction of the UK authorities so nothing to do with the Irish authorities perhaps a geography lesson is needed.
The man came on here asking for advice the firms I recomended are all reputable firms let him make the decision and decide if it suits rather than listening to outdated sweeping statements that are far from true.

Where’s the old diesel dog when you need him ?

Mazzer2:

Conor:

Didn’t know you were also an expert on the Irish tax system who mentioned night out money?
No commnents about bent UK hauliers if you care to look at the plates of those who annoy you so much on the 66 you’ll see that the vast majority are on UK plates so under the juristriction of the UK authorities so nothing to do with the Irish authorities perhaps a geography lesson is needed.
The man came on here asking for advice the firms I recomended are all reputable firms let him make the decision and decide if it suits rather than listening to outdated sweeping statements that are far from true.

Think the job be more interesting than driving over A66 every night :laughing:

Friday 10am start load Armagh drive to Dublin catch the 4pm sailing to Cherbourg
Monday 3.30am start 1st delivery west of Frankfurt 2nd drop 130 east of Eisenach then drive to Eisenach to reload Tuesday morning finished at
2.30pm
Tuesday 7am start load drive to Calias parked up in Calais at 8.30pm would ahve been an hour earlier but heavy traffic in Germany
Wednesday 05.45 start ferry into Dover tip on Lympne Industrial estate reload Sitra Dover tip Iceland Enfield finish 8.40pm ironic that the only long day is
in the UK
Today 9.30am start one collection in the midalnds and will in Holyhead for 8pm to tip when off the boat.

Hardly busted my balls or clocked up big hours continental work is more driving than sitting around in RDC’s the 2 drops in Germany took no longer than 30 minutes a piece 2 hours to load compared with 3 and a half hours to tip in Iceland.
Last year I took home £30,000 which is high for the area I live in and cosiderably higher than hauliers local to me.
Irish hauliers all bent? Bit of a generalisation only need to look in Commercial Motor to see that UK hauliers are no saints Mansell Davies spring to mind, and now that more UK firms seem to be getting pulled more will come to light.
Stick to what you know rather than talking out of your backside a guy asked for advice which you cannot give him so better to say nothing than bull, and while we’re at it can produce the evidence of a McDonald’s burger flipper taking home £30,000
[/quote]
Hard to believe that payment for doing Europe, it wouldn’t be far off a local day rate.
I thought there would be a big difference to euro and uk work

Aye Elsalad the prospect of driving the same road night in night out would have my head fried in a matter of weeks still if you’re on good money the prospect of being bored out your mind for 4/5 nights a week is a fair price to pay although judging by his manner on here it dossn’t seem to make you a decent person :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Aye Elsalad the prospect of driving the same road night in night out would have my head fried in a matter of weeks still if you’re on good money the prospect of being bored out your mind for 4/5 nights a week is a fair price to pay although judging by his manner on here it dossn’t seem to make you a decent person :smiley: :smiley:

Probably find out down the line that his missus got pumped by an Irish euro tramper and the tramping son he says is his walks around wearing dealer boots and a check shirt giving the big hand to his relations

Bigtruck3:
2.30pm
in the UK

Hard to believe that payment for doing Europe, it wouldn’t be far off a local day rate.
I thought there would be a big difference to euro and uk work
[/quote]
Local day work in Northern Ireland is usually max hours for a poor rate in the ROI it is picking up but most of the better paid work is centered around Belfast or Dublin a 140 mile round trip commute to Belfast makes that unviable for me. The choice is then between doing UK work or European work, UK work is longer hours with more pressure to get to the boats whereas European work is generally more relaxed plus you have better facilities and are treated better. As elsewhere pay is going up although not as fast as in the rest of the UK, the cost of living is lower in N.I. especially housing, in my village which is located 15 miles from Derry and about the same to one of the best beaches in N.I. you can pick up a 3 bed semi for between £120 to 160k with a rates bill of about £800 p.a and no water bills your money does go a bit further.

Conor:

jigjog94:
Tia

‘That lot’ says the man rivalling Carryfast for personal experience on this topic

robroy:

jigjog94:
Tia

Depends if you want to earn it legit or illegally

Very few if any running bent these days. Certainly none of the big operators.