Best truckstop cafe in the West Mids?

Ok, I’m calling on the knowledge of all you porky class 1 drivers now. :smiley:

Picking up my next pickup truck next weekend and am planning on doing a bit of a roadtrip with a few mates via a decent caf for a fry up and a cheeky pint. When I was training a few years back we stopped at one which was in a fairly green area, on side of a hill I seem to remember. Can’t find it for the life of me, but it was probs around Wolvs way as I was training at the Featherstone centre.

This is the new beast which will be transporting my lardy arse forthwith.

the only one i can think of is north of wolvo on the a41 and a pub nearby, if its still open.

Tailschwing:

It’s no wonder there banning petrol cars when people buy those bloody stupid things , I’d guess the most it will carry is the shopping from Waitrose

WV10 7BN.
Four ashes truck stop, pub 100 or so yards away, in fact there’s 2 pubs within a few hundred yards, if they’re still in business.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
WV10 7BN.
Four ashes truck stop, pub 100 or so yards away, in fact there’s 2 pubs within a few hundred yards, if they’re still in business.

thats the one mate, not the a41 but the a449, used it some years back decent grub if i remember correctly…

Grumpy_old_trucker:
WV10 7BN.

Standeford Farm Cafe. A449. Coven.
Better than The Hollies for food and far better than Truckers Rest.
The Four Ashes pub has been closed for a while and the pub the other ws, The Harrow, is open.

beanie:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
WV10 7BN.

The Four Ashes pub has been closed for a while and the pub the other ws, The Harrow, is open.

What’s the postcode for that one Beanie?
Not sure where Coven is without looking it up.

Think you’re right about the pub btw, and afaik the Four Ashes don’t do SNAP parking.

robroy:

beanie:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
WV10 7BN.

What’s the postcode for that one Beanie?
Not sure where Coven is without looking it up.
Standeford Farm is WV10 7BN. Four Ashes is the pub on the light, not a cafe/truckstop!
Think you’re right about the pub btw, and afaik the Four Ashes don’t do SNAP parking.[/quote

Standeford Farm Cafe WV10 7BN. The Four Ashes in the closed pub, not a cafe/truckstop.

That s where I was getting confused then. :smiley:
Cheers mate.

robroy:
That s where I was getting confused then. :smiley:
Cheers mate.

Need to get in early Rob if you are staying as it fills up every night, good food and the Harrows serves a decent pint, can’t comment on the showers as i only live 2 miles away!

Tailschwing:
Ok, I’m calling on the knowledge of all you porky class 1 drivers now. :smiley:

Picking up my next pickup truck next weekend and am planning on doing a bit of a roadtrip with a few mates via a decent caf for a fry up and a cheeky pint. When I was training a few years back we stopped at one which was in a fairly green area, on side of a hill I seem to remember. Can’t find it for the life of me, but it was probs around Wolvs way as I was training at the Featherstone centre.

The only one I can think of going on your description would be the old BP truckstop by Jcn 1 M54, if in the weekday I would recommend the Standeford Cafe as stated below but at the weekend you will have to use The Hollies as Standeford is only open Mon to Fri

dozy:
It’s no wonder there banning petrol cars when people buy those bloody stupid things , I’d guess the most it will carry is the shopping from Waitrose

Says the man who’s been bleating on about buying a high powered motorcycle recently. Presumably only to carry his lardy arse aground Lincolnshire on a jolly?

the maoster:

dozy:

Says the man who’s been bleating on about buying a high powered motorcycle recently. Presumably only to carry his lardy arse aground Lincolnshire on a jolly?

Dosy, don’t you run a Focus ST as well? I have got one of those ‘bloody stupid things’ but I cannot see the connection with banning petrol cars. I have never bought a petrol car in my life, the reason being is you cannot buy red petrol :wink:

Truckers Rest did a great curry when I frequented it a few years ago. Shower and toilet was dire

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

the maoster:

dozy:

Ha ha ha , I weigh 11 st 4 lbs ( weighed at Boston hospital last week ) lardy !!! you never fail to make a fool of yourself do you Ha ha lardy !!

dozy:

Tailschwing:

First off, Mitsi pickups don’t run on petrol. Secondly, I can only fit two dead hookers in the boot of a normal car.

Cheers for the suggestions all. I shall have to try them all and report back.

dozy:

the maoster:

dozy:

Ha ha ha , I weigh 11 st 4 lbs ( weighed at Boston hospital last week ) lardy !!! you never fail to make a fool of yourself do you Ha ha lardy !!

Well that’s me told! I bow down in submission to the resident cabbage.