A40 crash: Family died when car swerved head-on into lorry

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o … e-57427577

What an…

Absolute tragedy.

yourhavingalarf:
What an…

Absolute tragedy.

Not much more you can say than that really

Awful, not only destroyed a nice young family but the innocent lorry driver will never be the same again, many don’t recover from such events, i’ve known several solid drivers who ended up jacking the game in despite full support from proper companies giving them as much time as they needed to get through the trauma.

Just shows what your car, and probably our lorries, are recording, computer noted car being on cruise control and turning sharply, a good thing in many ways as it helps accident investigators, but shows it’s no good trying to lie your way out of things if you drive a modern vehicle and you cause a tragedy.

Juddian:
Just shows what your car, and probably our lorries, are recording, computer noted car being on cruise control and turning sharply, a good thing in many ways as it helps accident investigators, but shows it’s no good trying to lie your way out of things if you drive a modern vehicle and you cause a tragedy.

Yep.
Download the app…and shows you everything.
MPG,harsh acceleration,harsh braking…exact location etc.
But when you ask the service department,why your car has logged 60mph in 30mph zone…it’s overly sensitive.

The deaths occurred just months after the family lost everything in a fire at their home.

Jeezus! Incredibly sad.

Juddian:

You can bet the computer will be programmed not to record anyone crashing because they were trying to use any of the numerous visual screen menu controls such as to change the air con control. :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=P6csqbhh3mk

Readong between the lines, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they’d concluded the fire and thuiswrre connected. Impossible to know of course, but trauma can have hidden effects.

This is partly why I have a dashcam as it would help prove the drivers innocence if the case wasnt quite so clear cut and maybe provide a little more evidence.

Always strange how it can kill so many but leave one almost uninjured. I guess thats the luck of the drawer…probably. Sounds lile the truck driver was very lucky to escape injury unless they are driving a very high cab.

trevHCS:
Readong between the lines, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they’d concluded the fire and thuiswrre connected. Impossible to know of course, but trauma can have hidden effects.

Doubtful if they weren’t covered by insurance for the fire damage and if you’ve ‘lost everything’ you ain’t going to be able to afford to run a car.
The issue of not being able to trust anyone to stay on their side of the line is reaching epidemic proportions.Especially cutting right hand bends but also veering across the line even on straight clear stretches.The issue of too much visual interaction needed for modern vehicle controls is probably part of that.

good god c/f you’ve surpassed yourself on this one… you really are a despicable little man… :imp:

Carryfast:

trevHCS:

Doubtful if they weren’t covered by insurance for the fire damage and if you’ve ‘lost everything’ you ain’t going to be able to afford to run a car.
The issue of not being able to trust anyone to stay on their side of the line is reaching epidemic proportions.Especially cutting right hand bends but also veering across the line even on straight clear stretches.The issue of too much visual interaction needed for modern vehicle controls is probably part of that.

‘’

Seriously, you need help, maybe take a second to step back and realise a dad has lost a wife and 3 of his cherished children., yet you come along spout your rubbish!!!

I have to agree…

That’s incredibly insensitive CF.

yourhavingalarf:
I have to agree…

That’s incredibly insensitive CF.

The usual CF hate campaign.
Read what I wrote I was making the case for a safety issue with modern vehicle controls requiring too much visual interaction.It’s illegal to watch a tv screen while driving so why is it ok for manufacturers to use visual menu displays.
As opposed to idiots suggesting it was suicide.That’s what I call insensitive.
I’m sure the bereaved can make up there own minds who the insensitive zb is in that regard. :imp: :unamused:

could have been kids bickering and mum turns round to look . i remember terrible squabbles in our family car when i was a kid and dad used to swerve the car left then sharp right to try to scare us to stop. Hot days worse .