Electric scooters poll

What are your views as LGV drivers on the idea of having electric scooters on the road mixing with LGVs and the rest of the traffic :question:

ROG:
What are your views as LGV drivers on the idea of having electric scooters on the road mixing with LGVs and the rest of the traffic :question:

Madness.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I’ve put no but not because of the mode of transport, its more a concern of them being used in a safe manner and the likelihood is that whilst the remain unregulated, require zero prior training or competency test, and presumably have also very little I terms of traceability there’s no reason to use them safely other than for ones own safety, and how many times do we see people taking needless risks with their own safety? ( face in a phone crossing the road/not looking/putting their vehicle or cycle in a risky area etc)

Can be ridden by 14 year old legally on the road,or younger illegally if they have a smartphone .

Surely no worse than cyclists and horse riders?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I think that they should be restricted to 12 mph and treated like bicycles on the road.

alamcculloch:
I think that they should be restricted to 12 mph and treated like bicycles on the road.

Restricted to 8 mph and only allowed on pavements.
But as we know the government’s plan is to turn us into a banana republic in which the average youth’s aspiration is a bicycle or a scooter or a moped not a performance car.

The riders of these have said they feel unsafe on the road so choose the pavement where they are are menace to pedestrians

I wonder where the legislators think they are supposed to safe …

I was almost flattened by a 12year old on one on the pavement this morning :smiling_imp: cheers Ray

30+mph with no helmet etc.

Let Darwin sort the problem out.

should be crushed , the lot of them .

Don’t really care either way tbh. I just figure that it’s the latest in a long line of things that are apparently my duty to protect, not the users responsibility obviously, but mine.

You can hire one and go anywhere. If you buy your own, it can only be used on private property

They have them dotted all around Corby. Came across one on my way back from Spoons there the other night but I couldn’t make it go.

the maoster:
They have them dotted all around Corby. Came across one on my way back from Spoons there the other night but I couldn’t make it go.

Loads in Northampton too just left parked up in random places.

mrginge:
30+mph with no helmet etc.

Let Darwin sort the problem out.

+1

Regards
Pat.

kentonline.co.uk/thanet/new … oo-248715/

tonyj105:
should be crushed , the lot of them .

But that puts blood and crap all up the side of yer motor. Best done when fully loaded so you don’t feel a bump.

Funnily or not funnily enough in Notts where they have them, saw 2 idiots this morning at 3am ish riding them on the road riding the wrong way against the flow of traffic. Thankfully no traffic about but that’s the kind of idiots you will be dealing with not just at 2am in the morning but during rush hour etc.

I thought these were regulated already during the government trial programme? For the ones near me you have to have at least a provisional licence with the ‘Q’ category on it, send a photo of that that in to the scooter company, take a selfie so they know it’s you. You then have to watch an instructional video and of course part with card details. They have a maximum speed of 15.5mph and are not allowed on the pavements. However, most of them being ridden, that I have seen, have been ridden badly.