Batheaston toll bridge

I’m not sure how he got through but it’s tight for an artic and free for lorries to cross as he was trying to avoid crossing Cleveland Bridge 18 ton weight limit or the clean air zone charge for Bath city centre?
A local decided to take photos of the juggernaut and post it online.But with double parked cars on tight bends when you exit the A36 then the little bridge by King Edwards school playing fields I’m surprised he didn’t get stuck .

The toll bridge is a 4 ton weight limit.

Thanks Santa for posting that, got to admire the driver , I’m guessing foreign and panicked with Bath full of anti lorry signs .

somersetlive.co.uk/news/loc … ge-5479593

Lucky that local was there to get the picture.

mrginge:
Lorry spotted crossing narrow bridge with weight limit in Bath - Somerset Live

Lucky that local was there to get the picture.

UK truck by the mirror above passenger door but probably a “flip flop” driving it as per usual. :unamused:

Christ knows how he ended up there even if he was trying to avoid the other bridge it makes no sense…

Full marks for getting the thundering juggernaut through without destroying anything though!

I am sure the bridge can take the weight; because it is spread over six axles.

What worries me, is that our European brothers who cannot read English; will use roads like the hill in Weston where the terrible tragedy with the tipper happened back in 2015.

If I was on the council; I would build a tank trap at the top of that road.

I delivered to Colerne today; which can only be accessed from going up Bannerdown hill in Batheaston. Coming back down in a MAN with a automatic gearbox; I started the descent at 25 mph in eighth and never let it go any faster.

Take care out there

I like how it’s always EE drivers that somehow get the blame.

Maybe so, maybe not. But we’ve quite the collection of domestic knobs in the driver pool aswell :unamused:

The article mentions the word juggernaut. Never ever hear or see that unless it’s about some nimby moaning about a truck or I’m watching convoy :laughing:

As I say about all these up their own arse anti truck councils who make it into some kind of challenge to deliver into their precious ■■■■ hole towns.
Hauliers should unite and say ‘‘■■■■ em we ain’t going in to deliver their crap’’,.at least until some suitable route is provided where you don’t have to travel ■■■■ miles and/or jump through hoops to get there.

It’s like when they ban parks that have been their for years, ok, it’s their prerogative, but ffs provide a suitable alternative.

There was a free truck park in Melksham until the Council banned the nasty lorries, the local paper wrote that an old lady living opposite was shaken up with the fact of seeing a female driver getting undressed with the cab curtains not fully pulled over .

Presumably Ethel was ok with the male ones then? ^^^

AgentSime:
I am sure the bridge can take the weight; because it is spread over six axles.

Weight LIMIT 4 tons

Built for horse and carts not a menacing thundering juggernaut monster truck who blindly followed the sat nav.

Tarmaceater:
There was a free truck park in Melksham until the Council banned the nasty lorries, the local paper wrote that an old lady living opposite was shaken up with the fact of seeing a female driver getting undressed with the cab curtains not fully pulled over .

:smiley: :laughing:
You couldn’t make it up

Tarmaceater:

Mr Bullshine strikes again!
It was closed 11 years ago, no mention of females getting undressed.
wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/8 … am-closes/

In response to Robroy and his comment about anti lorry councils, the clue is in the word , to make it simple for GOT who is obviously thick as a plank , was a free parking area, was is in the past tense not the present tense so if it was shut 11 years ago so what, the old lady upset with a half dressed driver was in fact printed in the Wiltshire Times , and not mentioned in the online report that you had to make a point with.

Grumpy old trucker , put this in your pipe and smoke it, by Googling Lorry drivers put the pee in to parking in Melksham , written by Wiltshire Times reporter Katie Adams on 11/04/09 where it clearly states in plain English about ■■■■■■■ female drivers in sleeper cabs being watched by residents.
I guess you were too bored and lazy to research and find that but seem content on stalking me like a ten year old kid stealing WiFi, you Sir are the bull shiner , not me .

Go on then , admit you are wrong and you make it up as you go along with all the tripe you post.

Grumpy Old ■■■■■■■■■■■■ your just another internet troll.