Liveries

Every day as I travel the nations highways, You see all colours of trucks…different companies…and many combinations. There are some companies where the corporate image is either drab or the company image just proceeds any thoughts. So are their any companies that when you see one of their trucks, it makes you smile??
For me i always like Thompsons of Devon and Prestons of Potto. They always seem to be well cared for always well presented.

I really like the Cotteswold Dairy livery. I think the colour scheme works really well. There’s also
something about MJS Transport that really stands out to me and I always notice them.

Hayton Coulthard with the tartan stripe

I like to see the full address and I can’t take seriously any names that are initials or include the word logistics .

I like Grampian Continentals motors, nice colour combo and most of the motors look well looked after. D. Steven and Son of Wick also have a stunning fleet and are always immaculate. Robert Burns of Broxburn are another well turned out fleet.

i’m on for DHL on a long-term contract with a customer…and the customer specified NO livery,paint job or anything.our units and trailers are just plain white :astonished: handy if you’ve upset someone on the road though :laughing:

We’ve got some right gaudy combos. Personal favourite is the red merc hire units with our snot green branded trailers. Its like looking at an acid trip :laughing:

When did Stobart get their new livery ?

Missing wind deflector(s) and grey bumpers.

Was it around the same time they reduced their uniformed drivers in favour of EE limpers or was that just a coincidence.

Terry T:
When did Stobart get their new livery ?

Missing wind deflector(s) and grey bumpers.

Was it around the same time they reduced their uniformed drivers in favour of EE limpers or was that just a coincidence.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Richard King are one of the most recognisable along the M62 corridor. Always smartly turned out, just a shame that all their drivers are bell-ends purely based on witnessing their driving behaviour.

Thumbs Up from Bury with their silver S series Scania’s with black grilles and silver trailers are another which always catch my eye. flic.kr/p/2kVLhcG

PJK European…

Had a very eye catching livery on the trailer back in the day.

John Davies International are also un-mistakable because of the simple but effective paint job.

I am a little biased but the livery of H B Holt and Sons does everything for me. Traditional green and red with a good mixed fleet and a mixed set of customers. Its Local too.

J B McBean has always been one of my favourites

gazsa401:

Yes, thats a nice tidy livery. I have a little story going back almost 40 years. Me and a mate were parked up around Hemel I think, he had his young son with him who is now a driver, mate said, just watch this old lad, proud as punch and looks after his lorry, it was a high load and perfectly roped & sheeted, he said he will slot it in this gap no bother, as he finished speaking, the bloke hit a pothole, missed a gear and obviously embarrassed, completely cocked up a fairly straightforward reverse into a parking space.

My mate just smiled and said, well we all have a bad day every now and again. :laughing:

Its funny how that stuck in my mind all this time. We did end up with the McBean driver on a pub crawl that evening!

Wheel Nut:

gazsa401:

Yes, thats a nice tidy livery. I have a little story going back almost 40 years. Me and a mate were parked up around Hemel I think, he had his young son with him who is now a driver, mate said, just watch this old lad, proud as punch and looks after his lorry, it was a high load and perfectly roped & sheeted, he said he will slot it in this gap no bother, as he finished speaking, the bloke hit a pothole, missed a gear and obviously embarrassed, completely cocked up a fairly straightforward reverse into a parking space.

My mate just smiled and said, well we all have a bad day every now and again. :laughing:

Its funny how that stuck in my mind all this time. We did end up with the McBean driver on a pub crawl that evening!

Bottle of coke and bag of crisps for the young lad?
Good ole fashioned healthy eating.

Do any companies have their lorries sign written any more ? Sign writing must be a dying art nowadays

Broughtons.

Their new Volvo is a joy to behold!

0BFBEF37-C5E4-4D8B-A851-00D3F2F3915A.jpeg

And my childhood favourite as we lived near them

It’s a shame so many are going down the plain white route, some great liveries to be seen on the continent even from some of the bigger firms especially the Dutch and belgians;
Here’s mine I know a wee bit biased :slight_smile: :