Knights of Old and Maxims

Has anybody got any info on what Knights of Old in Kettering or Maxims in Corby are like to work for?
I’m looking for a Monday to Friday job in that area.

Brianski:
Has anybody got any info on what Knights of Old in Kettering or Maxims in Corby are like to work for?

you’ll be alright with that name

Knights have the Mole Valley farmers contract to deliver to the South West shops , Somerset, Devon and Cornwall and Wiltshire.

robthedog:

Brianski:

you’ll be alright with that name

What do you mean, have you worked for either of these companies?

When loading for MVF expect to be done by late afternoon so ignore the booking times for delivery, just get there when you can , they don’t give you any bother, it’s only dog food, horse pellets, cow teat chemicals and cream, animal bedding so hardly time critical.

I used to collect out of Maxim. No idea what it’s like to work there but my experience purely of a collection and subsequent observations whilst being there would suggest I’d likely give it a swerve.

I’m from the area, while I never driven for either company we have drivers at my place of work who have driven for KOO and so I been told wages are low. As for Maxims you never hear much about them. I knew a guy who did a couple of days agency for them and didn’t have a problem. But it’s like any general haulage firm dont expect too much.

If you want Mon-fri work it might be worth considering Primark at thrapston on agency, they put there PAYE rates up and now quite busy, or Howdens at Raunds. Most of the other own account work is any 5 out of 7 as the warehouses run 24-7

Thanks for the feedback.

Route logistics are taking on drivers at Rothwell are well worth a look. Haven’t heard anything bad about them, 2 work mates went there over a year ago and they are still there, so it must be ok.

I work for knights of old , only been there 2 mins so can’t really comment on anything , grantham not Kettering though , mon- fri nights
I only had two criteria’s when changing jobs , no tramping / back to grantham (though I was prepared to take Newark if all that was available
I’ve got one of the two , grantham , wanted days but on nights ( may work out ok as lot of time at hospital / doc, so can do in daytime
Will update when I’ve been there for a few months & get a feel for job

Dozy
Where are they based and what are you carrying?
Seen the jobs advertised on indeed for weeks.
I’m wanting to change from Coach driving fed up with long hours on salary.
But don’t want nights out or 15 hour days, So I’m not very employable.
Have an interview this week with SKDC on the bins.

Thanks
David

clubadria:

I’ve managed that most of my 25+ years. Rare for me to do 15hrs, only the odd night out once in a blue moon. Currently on nights doing 9-10hrs a night four nights a week which does me just fine.

Rigid wise pallet networks and builders merchants come to mind instantly.

dozy:
I work for knights of old , only been there 2 mins so can’t really comment on anything , grantham not Kettering though , mon- fri nights
I only had two criteria’s when changing jobs , no tramping / back to grantham (though I was prepared to take Newark if all that was available
I’ve got one of the two , grantham , wanted days but on nights ( may work out ok as lot of time at hospital / doc, so can do in daytime

Whats it like? I keep looking for jobs out of Grantham for these but only a night tramper keeps showing. Its a shame they make you go via recruitment and not a case of leaving details with transport manager at grantham .

You could always try Wincanton on the Argos contract in Kettering,unless thats where you are working now

lolipop:
You could always try Wincanton on the Argos contract in Kettering,unless thats where you are working now

The OP wants Mon-Fri and I highly doubt he would get that there on the books.

I worked there for about a year back in 2016 so appreciate my info may be out of date, but the rota used to be a revolving rota,

8 weeks Tues - Sat
8 weeks Mon - Fri
8 weeks Sun - Thurs and then start again Tues - Sat

If the OP can tolerate the rota it’s one of the better jobs I’ve had. I went there as I was at Magna Park on agency and moved when that was closing. I reluctantly left Kettering because the commute was killing me. I live in Nottingham and travelling down was just too much in the end.

dozy:

Really?
So………
You got Grantham but also got nights and tramping….you did say you had two criteria “no tramping / back to Grantham “ and you got Grantham, well done spineless.
So you’re tramping on nights but “ a lot of time at hospital/ docs “ in the day so it will work out……I’m sure everyone else on the A1 at night will be over the moon sharing the road with another hgv driver deliberately taking insufficient rest having been to the “hospital / docs a lot of the time “ when they should have been sleeping……….what is it, liar or selfish danger to others on the road?

Not to worry though as, has been proved before, you’re a troll who still, after all this time, hasn’t grasped the basics of ■■■■■■■■■■■■.
Nice try Walter …………

clubadria:
Dozy

Thanks
David

Sorry David , but dozy isn’t actually a driver, he’s a troll, as has been proven time and time again, a habitual liar………posts ■■■■■■■■, posts photos of ■■■■■■■■ and occasionally forgets which login he is using.

Norfolkinclue1:

clubadria:
Dozy

Thanks
David

Sorry David , but dozy isn’t actually a driver, he’s a troll, as has been proven time and time again, a habitual liar………posts [zb], posts photos of [zb] and occasionally forgets which login he is using.

I don’t think dozy is a troll, not in the usual definition anyway. Hes certainly short of a few planks, and a gluton for punishment…

He’s a driver alright, not a very good one though.
I’m not sure if he deliberately tries to wind people up, or if he’s a bit delusional (his brief episode about having emigrated to Spain for example) but on the whole his posts are entertaining enough. His changing posting style sometimes makes me wonder if he should need professional help though.

the nodding donkey:

Norfolkinclue1:

clubadria:
Dozy

Thanks
David

Sorry David , but dozy isn’t actually a driver, he’s a troll, as has been proven time and time again, a habitual liar………posts [zb], posts photos of [zb] and occasionally forgets which login he is using.

I don’t think dozy is a troll, not in the usual definition anyway. Hes certainly short of a few planks, and a gluton for punishment…

He’s a driver alright, not a very good one though.
I’m not sure if he deliberately tries to wind people up, or if he’s a bit delusional (his brief episode about having emigrated to Spain for example) but on the whole his posts are entertaining enough. His changing posting style sometimes makes me wonder if he should need professional help though.

Don’t forget he’s had tea and biscuits with the TC as well :wink:

blue estate:
Don’t forget he’s had tea and biscuits with the TC as well :wink:

Has he? I may be misremembering what he posted, but I thought he got fined etc by magistrates Court but only had a warning letter from the TC?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk