Howard tenens

Anybody ever done any work for Howard tenens what they like ?

I did a…

Night shift for them out of Boston some years ago. I can’t remember where I went or what I did. However, I do remember being at a loss as to filling up the lpg mercedes at the end of the shift.

this reply is about as much use as a johnny bag machine in the bogs at the vatican.

Many moons ago. Seemed competent then. The thing that stuck was their insistence that you removed your trsiler light lenses if you overnighted, as somebody else would if you didn’t. They were the round, screw-on types. This was my first introduction to the murky world of HGVism.

Two decades ago I worked for Aldi in Swindon, and the distribution side was run by Howard-Tennens. It was never quite clear whether the overzealous attitude was H-T’s own, or inflicted by Aldi management… :grimacing: The Aldi gear was always in good nick, well maintained, and a few spare combinations in the yard as backup.

Interestingly, H-T have provided over capacity storage for ABinbev for years, and recently AB started storing excess stock in Tilbury. H-T have recently opened a depot in Newport, to service this work direct, and are recruiting in Newport.