Cornwall Day work/Conway Bailey

Hi there,

Long term lingerer on this forum, but first time poster. I am based in Cornwall and have held my Class 1 for 18 months. Tramping is not an option for me at the moment as I have 2 young kids, so looking for suggestions as regards Class 1 Day work.

I have done some night trunking, but I couldn’t adjust to working permanent nights, so back on Class 2 again at the moment.

I hear Conway Bailey offer some Day work, does anyone on here have an up to date experience of what the hours/work/wages are like? Have found 1 or 2 things on here about them, but they are a few years out of date.

I am open to any others that may not get advertised in the usual places. I have my HIAB ticket, and have done mixers and curtain siders, and double deckers. So I’m not a complete novice as such.

Many thanks!

If you have hiab, go and work for a builders merchants, From what I’m led to believe you’ll be maxing on a daily basis to try and get back…

Give them a call. I’m sure they’ll unfrm whether or not they do day work but I have a suspicion that what biggriffin says about maxing out to get home might be about right.

Also echo what he says about builders merchants. You’ll likely get reasonable pay for sociable hours which sounds like it would suit your circumstances right now.

Other curveball is pallet network stuff, maybe Westfield?

You say your not a complete novice well that’ll be a start but you’d better be sure to have some decent maps day work at Conway Bailey will be a lot of farm collections.