A244 through Oxshott?

Is this road ok to cut through for artics from the A3 to J9 (Leatherhead) of the M25 when needed at night please I’ve looked on google maps it does appear all right but wondering if anyone knew for sure ? Thanks.

bald bloke:
Is this road ok to cut through for artics from the A3 to J9 (Leatherhead) of the M25 when needed at night please I’ve looked on google maps it does appear all right but wondering if anyone knew for sure ? Thanks.

In what ?
Puddle jumper , it’s fine
18t ok
Concrete truck no

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j … W5pdzoetdJ

New pastures

blue estate:

bald bloke:

In what ?
18t ok
Concrete truck no

New pastures

Yep you can drive whatever you like through there at any time but the residents rightly won’t like it.
Bring in loads of traffic from all over the country by building an unfit for purpose motorway through Surrey to solve London’s traffic problems.
Thereby turning, what should be, a B road, with a weight limit put on it, into a relief road for the ‘motorway’.
The default diversion for M25 between 9 and 10 should be A3 Tolworth, A240 J8 Reigate.

Used to use it with a 18metre wagon and drag, 4m high, no problems.

blue estate:

bald bloke:

In what ?
18t ok
Concrete truck no

New pastures

In an artic 13’9” high just wondering about weight limits ?

trucken:
Used to use it with a 18metre wagon and drag, 4m high, no problems.

Ok cheers.

bald bloke:
just wondering about weight limits ?

You do know that it’s not in London no weight no Emissions issues although A3/A240 is an exempted and more suitable way through the corner of their border ?.

I’ve used this route several times over the past 5 years in an artic at night, and have never had any problems. I learnt the route when it was a signed diversion when the M25 was closed 9-10.

ezydriver:
I’ve used this route several times over the past 5 years in an artic at night, and have never had any problems. I learnt the route when it was a signed diversion when the M25 was closed 9-10.

I generally use it anyway to avoid the M25 between J9 and M4 or M40.There’s usually more to lose by using the M25 than the bit of extra bit of time it takes to go over Walton Bridge and then Staines and Colnbrook to A404 M.

Thanks all I used it this morning as the roadworks were still on going and it’s a handy little short cut, some nice houses to look at too.

bald bloke:
Thanks all I used it this morning as the roadworks were still on going and it’s a handy little short cut, some nice houses to look at too.

I used it too about 2:30am. Did you see the bales of hay lying on the pavement, presumably fallen from a lorry that hit an over head branch? :laughing:

ezydriver:

bald bloke:

I used it too about 2:30am. Did you see the bales of hay lying on the pavement, presumably fallen from a lorry that hit an over head branch? :laughing:

Yes I did and 2 private security patrol cars watching the traffic noisily rumbling past their well to do clients mansions :smiley:

bald bloke:

ezydriver:

bald bloke:

Yes I did and 2 private security patrol cars watching the traffic noisily rumbling past their well to do clients mansions :smiley:

Ha ha. If there’s not a 7.5ton limit on that road within a couple of years I’ll be amazed.

ezydriver:

bald bloke:

ezydriver:

bald bloke:

Ha ha. If there’s not a 7.5ton limit on that road within a couple of years I’ll be amazed.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I trundled along in convoy of about a dozen of us :smiley:

bald bloke:
the traffic noisily rumbling past their well to do clients mansions :smiley:

Not mansions.More like ever increasing urban town houses for London orientated owners with no class dumped in a semi rural village by our wanabee London Borough in all but name joke council’s planning policies.
Ironically there are actually more attractive council houses than those new build monstrosities just a short walk across the road.

Carryfast:

blue estate:

bald bloke:

In what ?
18t ok
Concrete truck no

New pastures

Yep you can drive whatever you like through there at any time but the residents rightly won’t like it.
Bring in loads of traffic from all over the country by building an unfit for purpose motorway through Surrey to solve London’s traffic problems.
Thereby turning, what should be, a B road, with a weight limit put on it, into a relief road for the ‘motorway’.
The default diversion for M25 between 9 and 10 should be A3 Tolworth, A240 J8 Reigate.

Jeffrey the know all has spoken know you know the answer

Carryfast:

ezydriver:

I generally use it anyway to avoid the M25 between J9 and M4 or M40.There’s usually more to lose by using the M25 than the bit of extra bit of time it takes to go over Walton Bridge and then Staines and Colnbrook to A404 M.

oh you do make me laugh, your in the last century

bald bloke:

I live near there. No weight limit on the A244 at that point. It’s a little bit narrow through Oxshott village but no restrictions unless your haulier has licence conditions not to use it (if your boss hasn’t told you that, it doesn’t apply). A lot of people use it to cut out the A243 through Malden Rushett with the 30mph speed limits. The only restrictions on the A244 are a low bridge between Hersham and Walton on Thames and a new 7.5T weight limit on the newly widened bridge in Feltham but they’re further up than Oxshott.

robthedog:

Carryfast:

ezydriver:

oh you do make me laugh, your in the last century

Maybe but look on the bright side being stuck in a massive queue of stopped traffic possibly for hours between junctions with no way to escape from it wasn’t really an issue before the M25 was built.Nor were speed cameras on motorways set at 79 mph or less.
Nor was the A244 through Oxshott turned into a relief road and by pass for an unfit for purpose motorway.That’s progress. :wink: