Dpd Driving Assessment.

Hi guys.
I’ve got Dpd driving assessment ( Class 1)next week at Carlisle. Can you give any advise what to prepare for,how long its gona be or how difficult it will be? Thx

Didnt realise they did assessments at depots, Ive done 2 for them and always at the main hub.

Very picky about your walkaround checks. Make sure you mention the height meter in cab and check it with the trailer. All the usual stuff really.

I wouldn’t bother wasting your time as you’ll hate the job. All the trucks are [zb]ed and even the slightest sniff of an incline will see you instantly down to 30mph on the motorways. Nearly ended up in the back of one of them the other night, doing about 10mph up the hill from 28 on the M1. 150 tonne mobile cranes with 20 wheels go faster than DPD trucks.

An assessment to see if they can drive like a knob…

Tailgating is a required.

The number of their trucks i see bombing down the motorway .If you drive like that you will fit right in.

One of the companies on my “do not flash in or show the slightest courtesy to” list! They’ll hoon past you downhill, you’ll flash them in, they’ll totally ignore you, you’ll obviously pass them on the next uphill and they’ll totally ignore flashing you in. That is, if the hill hasn’t levelled off in the meantime and they’ve come tearing back down the inside of course. Apart from that they’re ok :wink:

If you want some brownie points and look like you’ve done a bit of background work, ask about the hieght adjustable 5th wheel. (low for deckers, high for singlesl

D= Dopey
P=Parcel
D=Driver

Not a place I would work, first phone call off them asking why I have stopped en-route, on their part wouldn’t end well.

Been there a year and its a great place to work actually.

Never had any hassle off anyone in office, left to own devices if you do the job properly. Never had to stop as I have bladder control.

Great company to work for, very generous and Im happy with the pay.

Mon-Fri, no nights out, easy run.

The trucks are a mixture, some new, some old, and they do struggle up hills sometimes, but who cares. I get to my destination maybe 2 minutes later.

Some DPD drivers are ignorant, i flash them in and they ignore you, but I could list virtually every company on here with drivers who are ignorant. The other night I was on the M6 heading to M42 and I flashed in 15 trucks, and 3 thanked me.

Swordsy:
Some DPD drivers are ignorant, i flash them in and they ignore you, but I could list virtually every company on here with drivers who are ignorant. The other night I was on the M6 heading to M42 and I flashed in 15 trucks, and 3 thanked me.

Yeah that’s a fair point. Sadly DPD do not have the monopoly on ignorance.

I did some agency work for them. My assessment was “here are the keys. The truck is out the back, and you are going to Hub 5”.

Iv only worked at there superhubs, and the little amount of room you have to park the trailer is tricky you have to wind your legs down before putting in on the bay so much little margin of error plus the yard is busy so everyone is watching you if you bump a trailer :smiley:

Overall its a clean job, however the office staff are a bit grumpy but if you got the attitude you get paid by the hour its a real good job, not much work load alot of POA and your just a driver, none of that other work.

TruckDriverBen:
Iv only worked at there superhubs, and the little amount of room you have to park the trailer is tricky you have to wind your legs down before putting in on the bay so much little margin of error plus the yard is busy so everyone is watching you if you bump a trailer :smiley:

Overall its a clean job, however the office staff are a bit grumpy but if you got the attitude you get paid by the hour its a real good job, not much work load alot of POA and your just a driver, none of that other work.

None of that other work, don’t tell carryfast he won’t believe you in his world you have to get in the back and handball it out

one more other thing i forgot to mention is no stopping which we all know about, however if a police office pulls you in, you have to politely tell them to follow you to the nearest police station so im guessing same thing for DVSA, on the back of solo/running sheet. I will take a picture next time im there and show you

Also no stopping even if your solo just a unit :frowning:

robthedog:

TruckDriverBen:

None of that other work, don’t tell carryfast he won’t believe you in his world you have to get in the back and handball it out

Brill :grimacing: cheers Ray

Would any of u have the phone number for DPD human resources or possibly the Manchester depot?
Applied a while ago & was going to follow up my application however I’ve found it impossible to find a number!
Thanks.

sweet truck haul:
Would any of u have the phone number for DPD human resources or possibly the Manchester depot?
Applied a while ago & was going to follow up my application however I’ve found it impossible to find a number!
Thanks.

They don’t contact you if you’re unsuitable. Move on.

DCPCFML:

sweet truck haul:
Thanks.

They don’t contact you if you’re unsuitable. Move on.

Clean class 1 licence for 29 years, over 15 years European including Russia…
I’d better move on eh pal??