Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Is there a hgv protest going on today. Regards fishing rights?
Reason ask just left Oxford services going towards London’s And have past a convoy of about 30 fish/ crab hgv travelling in convoy. Mostly Scottish operators.
Some have
brexit carnage. Death of our fishing industry etc on the sides.
Just curious what it’s all about .
Maybe. Drive though protest in London?

edd1974:
Is there a hgv protest going on today. Regards fishing rights?
Reason ask just left Oxford services going towards London’s And have past a convoy of about 30 fish/ crab hgv travelling in convoy. Mostly Scottish operators.
Some have
brexit carnage. Death of our fishing industry etc on the sides.
Just curious what it’s all about .
Maybe. Drive though protest in London?

But it’s a great deal for fishers!
Dominic Raab said so:
independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 88515.html
Yep the same Raab.
express.co.uk/videos/585946 … s-crossing
Hey! Dover is busy!

There were plans to drop a few tonnes of shellfish that can’t now be exported at Westminster. There was overwhelming support amongst the fisherman for Brexit.

They should just ■■■■ it up, they won get over it.

Organised by Franglais I believe :bulb: ,.who is in the leading truck, a la ‘Rubber Duck’… dressed as Captain Birdseye. :laughing:

robroy:
Organised by Franglais I believe :bulb: ,.who is in the leading truck, a la ‘Rubber Duck’… dressed as Captain Birdseye. :laughing:

The owner of Lockfyne Langoustines is one of the main protagonists. He was moaning last week about Johnson and Vote Leave had lied to him.

Darkside:

robroy:

The owner of Lockfyne Langoustines is one of the main protagonists. He was moaning last week about Johnson and Vote Leave had lied to him.

Believing anything DePfeffel says is a trifle unwise, given the chaoes of that chancers personal life quite why anyone alive took anything he said seriously beggars belief.

Darkside:

robroy:

There is a distinction there: Vote Leave was an objective; Johnson was a commitment.

cav551:

Darkside:

robroy:
Organised by Franglais I believe :bulb: ,.who is in the leading truck, a la ‘Rubber Duck’… dressed as Captain Birdseye. [emoji38]

There is a distinction there: Vote Leave was an objective; Johnson was a commitment.

Johnson was a Commitment?
If he can sing in tune that’s about the only thing he can do then.

Reuters report
reuters.com/article/britain … SL8N2JT243

Fair play to them I say…as said I passed about 30 all Scottish haulers.
Must be costing them a fair few quid

edd1974:
Fair play to them I say…as said I passed about 30 all Scottish haulers.
Must be costing them a fair few quid

not as much as the prevailing clusterfuk is costing the industry

Darkside:

Ah yes. He was the man on the telly complaining because he sent a part load and some of the other part loads on the lorry hadn’t done their paperwork properly so the whole lot got held up.

Given the claims of £100,000s of value lost you’d have thought they’d not penny pinch over the transport and hire a full load to take their stuff so things like this didn’t happen.

Vote leave didn’t lie and Cameron said 28 times in a televised 50 minute interview on the news in June 2016 that voting to leave the EU meant leaving the single market. Anyone who thought we were going to be trading as we had done as part of the EU even with a trade deal with little to no documentation required was living in a fantasy world. Every nation in the world who has a trade deal with the EU has to do the same paperwork, comply to the same “country of origin” rules. “Country of origin” is a basic tenet of international trade to prevent goods from countries you don’t have trade deals with coming into your nation via the back door as it were.

Conor:
Vote leave didn’t lie

Darkside:

Conor:
Vote leave didn’t lie

And how foolish of hauliers to think of putting half a dozen 4 ton lots in one truck!

Hmm, maybe I can do a bit on the side with my van…

Darkside:

robroy:

Ffs… you wanted your country back, close the border to horrible immigrants, and take back control of your bit of the sea. You’ve got it, and now you expect europe to roll over and pretend all is as it was.

You are now a foreign country, without a trade agreement. Get over it…

Franglais:
And how foolish of hauliers to think of putting half a dozen 4 ton lots in one truck!

Are you actually in transport? I’m beginning to think you’re not. Hauliers offer you to either pay for a full lorry load whether you put on one pallet or 26 or offer you groupage which is cheaper but as these people have found out, means more risk of delays due to problems with one or more of the other part loads. No matter what you ship you don’t choose groupage if it’s time sensitive to the point that even delays of a few hours matter. If it’s that critical you pay for the full lorry.

Here they are…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55706114

Conor:

Franglais:

Are you actually in transport? I’m beginning to think you’re not. Hauliers offer you to either pay for a full lorry load whether you put on one pallet or 26 or offer you groupage which is cheaper but as these people have found out, means more risk of delays due to problems with one or more of the other part loads. No matter what you ship you don’t choose groupage if it’s time sensitive to the point that even delays of a few hours matter. If it’s that critical you pay for the full lorry.

If you’re paying to send a truck to Madrid the cost is spread across 24t or 4t of goods. The ferries, tolls, wages, are the same. There may be 10% or so difference in diesel?
For years they have grouped these loads with little problem. Only one thing has changed.

Franglais:

Conor:

Franglais:

If you’re paying to send a truck to Madrid the cost is spread across 24t or 4t of goods. The ferries, tolls, wages, are the same. There may be 10% or so difference in diesel?
For years they have grouped these loads with little problem. Only one thing has changed.

ah but the thing is they KNEW that things would change

and funny how only

He said one operator needed 400 pages of export documentation last week to board a ferry to the EU.

400 pages :question: :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: