Corona news from Iceland

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new … logistics/

I guess that is a few extra agency shifts while others are isolating.

Not clear if any drivers are amongst the 30 or just warehouse.

Better news from Shropshire though!

bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-53551914

njl:
30 people have tested positive for coronavirus at XPO Logistics | Swindon Advertiser

I guess that is a few extra agency shifts while others are isolating.

Not clear if any drivers are amongst the 30 or just warehouse.

Horrible place :imp: Are drivers still being held hostage in that tiny room for hours on end?

tezza:
Horrible place :imp: Are drivers still being held hostage in that tiny room for hours on end?

No you stay in the cab and they come out to you when they’re ready to get your keys and paperwork off you…

DAF95XF:

tezza:

No you stay in the cab and they come out to you when they’re ready to get your keys and paperwork off you…

Be nice if that becomes the norm.

DAF95XF:

tezza:

Our lot are so ■■■■■■ off with the hours wasted there that a month or so ago they stood the cost of one of ours tipping there and leaving his trailer and bob tailing back to Lincolnshire. It was organised with Icelands transport department. Goods in are not happy as it reduces the power to ■■■■ you around that they have. I went in a fortnight ago and told the delightful Angie that I was dropping my trailer and picking the empty up, “no you’re not” she immediately barked. “Keep looking out of the window” was my response. Anyhoo, about 2 hours later I got a call from her “put it on bay 5, lift your suspension and turn the fridge off”, I answered “good luck with that, I’m in Andover now”. Sod them :imp:

I quit a job last year after being sent here 2 days running.
I have a video of the covid incubation room just before Christmas I will try and post it somehow.
Crammed in like sardines, what’s the only thing that could make it worse… someone pops a Tupperware full of some kind of EE fish dish in the microwave. It happened

Takes A LOT to wind me up but my god that place Is the ultimate hell hole. Spent 7 hours in that crappy little room once

I’ve forwarded…

This page to Iceland via email.

I don’t use soshul meeja, so if someone who does could take some pics and put it out there.

Nothing changes unless we complain directly to Iceland.

■■■■■■■■ about it here is fine to a point but pulling someones pants down about it will more than likely get noticed and perhaps conversations might take place on the upper floors of Iceland Towers.

I’ve never tipped there and by the sounds of it, I sure as hell never want to.

yourhavingalarf:
I’ve forwarded…

This page to Iceland via email.

I don’t use soshul meeja, so if someone who does could take some pics and put it out there.

Nothing changes unless we complain directly to Iceland.

■■■■■■■■ about it here is fine to a point but pulling someones pants down about it will more than likely get noticed and perhaps conversations might take place on the upper floors of Iceland Towers.

I’ve never tipped there and by the sounds of it, I sure as hell never want to.

Here you go mate this is what you’ve been missing… 6, 7, 8 hours plus in here
streamable.com/p9pdk3

When and only when, hauliers grow a pair and notify their customers and the likes of Iceland etc that they are no longer accepting deliveries for Swindon or whatever depot that consistently causes unacceptable delays then things will change, but until then nothing will happen.

cav551:
When and only when, hauliers grow a pair and notify their customers and the likes of Iceland etc that they are no longer accepting deliveries for Swindon or whatever depot that consistently causes unacceptable delays then things will change, but until then nothing will happen.

Bit of a fantasy I’m afraid. When you’re in Italy, Spain etc turning down Return loads isn’t really an option for most and at certain times of year time waiting for a return load in some places eclipses anything Iceland can inflict on us so turning them down is the last thing on anyone’s mind. The only way your idea Would work is if EVERYBODY refused, but we all know that’s never gonna happen

So long as the job pays overall refusal to take a load won’t happen.
Maybe they pay demurrage?
Maybe the rate is better anyway?
If a haulier was consistently losing money because of slow tips wouldn’t they simply avoid collecting for that address?
I know nowt about this particular case. Just a general observation.