C+E Test

Had my long awaited test today.
Passed C test in Feb and had C+E booked for April 17th. Virus put paid to that, cancelled.
Had 14 hrs plus test day booked for this week and passed today.
Chuffed to bits. 4 minors as well, so happy with that.

Congratulations

Thank you.

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Thank you.
Not sunk in yet.
Interview tomorrow at 2pm.
Jeepers…

Now done 2 full weeks in the new job.
Baptism of fire wasn’t in it.
Filled in for a chap on holiday in his truck and have now been given my own.
Reversing has been my biggest nightmare, some of the places we get to on a regular basis are a tricky reverse for the experienced guys, for me they have been more so. Getting to grips with it though.
My new bosses are great and I’m gonna be eternally grateful to them for giving a brand new class 1 driver a chance like they have.
Really enjoying tramping again, especially in this big assed cab, got loads of room. Fridge and microwave as well, so a happy bunny.
A pic of my allocated truck, its a 2015, but been looked after. In decent shape.

Thats the spirit if you try hard you will succeed. You only need the start. Enjoy the journey.

Nice one.

What’s that big thing on the roof of your truck? Does it cause you any problems at bridges? :wink:

[emoji1787]

Nice looking truck that, well done on the job, goes to show there are folk out there willing to give new passes a start if they carry themselves well during interview

I just have to make sure i repay the trust they have shown.
I’m extra cautious and get out of the cab for a good look if there is any doubt in my mind.
Have got out 4 or 5 times on a couple of tricky blind side reverses.
It’s all a learning curve.
We use varied trailers as well and that’s taken a lot of learning.
Biggest thing though, has been the weight, we don’t shift anything light.
For a brand new driver, being between 42 and 44t with every load was really daunting at first.
I had zero experience of weight like that. Getting used to it now.

Nice to see a company that will give a newbie a chance, nothing worse than passing your test and struggling for work!!

Interesting one today.
Reverse in through the chicane.
Tight in the flesh, especially for me.

Been 5 months in the new job now, still love it. My bosses are brilliant. Been really good to me and I am very grateful to them.
They’ve given me a Xmas present in the form of a new truck, I’m running out in it tomorrow, 5 calender months to the day from starting.

23 months on…
Coming up on 2 yrs class 1 driving.
Still at same place, great people to work for.
Just done my first week in my new truck.
Started in a 2015 Daf, was changed after 4 months into a brand new Scania 500S, lovely truck.
Last week changed into new one.
Scania again, but a step up. Lovely thing.
Feel like it’s been a very quick 2 yrs and a lot learned.

Enjoyed reading, nice to see positivity like that and that some employers do it right.

Well done, you’ll be all over it now, old hand.

23rd July was my 2 year anniversary on passing.

Flown by.
Started here on 3rd August, so 2 year anniversary driving is here next week.
Can’t believe how the time has gone.

Amazing how much I’ve learnt and how the confidence comes with time and experience.

This is a great read for a new pass like me (still have to do my CPC4).

Love the Jaga trucks, see them a lot on the M6! keep it up!

TruckingTechnician:
This is a great read for a new pass like me (still have to do my CPC4).

Love the Jaga trucks, see them a lot on the M6! keep it up!

Jaga trucks do stand out. Usually well presented.
I’m loving the V8. Its being replaced with a brand new 590S in 8 months I’ve been told this week.
Looking forward to that.