Common sense at last

Had the dubious pleasure of Tesco Livingston today. :unamused:
Last time I was there was around March, when all this Covid cack was kicking off.
Was told to take a seat in their ‘driver’s lounge’ :open_mouth:
Thought this ain’t right, so I asked the girl behind the desk (very tactfully and politely without getting kicked out) if she thought it was right that we should be sat in close proximity with ■■■■ knows who,.and whatever they may have picked up.
Was told she agreed with me, they all felt the same, but had been told to carry on as normal.

Anyhoo went in today, the luxury chairs had all gone, (result in it’s self) I handed my keys in, and I was told to go back to cab. :sunglasses:

2 questions.
Why tf has it took a ■■■■ pandemic for the most obvious and convenient choice of waiting to be adapted?
And.
You can sure as hell bet no kittens will be harmed by drivers sat in their cab, so …
Is this going to be permanent after we get back to normality?

A nice change for common sense to prevail somewhere, and to be treated like a ■■■■ grown up for a change.

You just know, when this bat flu finishes, they will revert back to, making us all sit in the cell again, because the chief ELF will be looking to show that he’s doing a worthwhile job. Sainsbury’s make you sit in the passenger seat, but the elf hasn’t worked out that some trucks are LHD, Doh!

biggriffin:
You just know, when this bat flu finishes, they will revert back to, making us all sit in the cell again, because the chief ELF will be looking to show that he’s doing a worthwhile job. Sainsbury’s make you sit in the passenger seat, but the elf hasn’t worked out that some trucks are LHD, Doh!

By passenger seat I take it as read that also means bunk and have never had an issue.

robroy:
Last time I was there was around March, when all this Covid cack was kicking off.
Thought this ain’t right, so I asked the girl behind the desk (very tactfully and politely without getting kicked out) if she thought it was right that we should be sat in close proximity with [zb] knows who,.and whatever they may have picked up.
Was told she agreed with me, they all felt the same, but had been told to carry on as normal.

Anyhoo went in today, the luxury chairs had all gone, (result in it’s self) I handed my keys in, and I was told to go back to cab. :sunglasses:

2 questions.
Why tf has it took a [zb] pandemic for the most obvious and convenient choice of waiting to be adapted?
And.
You can sure as hell bet no kittens will be harmed by drivers sat in their cab, so …

A nice change for common sense to prevail somewhere, and to be treated like a [zb] grown up for a change.

Stop whinging ■■■■■■■■ and be done with it.

May i be so kind as to ask MR cgscott where do you please deliver to ?

ianto:

Old cupboards to the local refuse site in his van.

msgyorkie:

ianto:

Old cupboards to the local refuse site in his van.

And then to the bank to deliver his bags full of white van cash that he makes

robroy:
Thought this ain’t right, so I asked the girl behind the desk (very tactfully and politely without getting kicked out) if she thought it was right that we should be sat in close proximity with [zb] knows who,.and whatever they may have picked up.

2 questions.
Why tf has it took a [zb] pandemic for the most obvious and convenient choice of waiting to be adapted?
And.

A nice change for common sense to prevail somewhere, and to be treated like a [zb] grown up for a change.

They may let it remain when they work out they can save a few quid by not providing a waiting area, and no one actually dies.
Argos has the best setup. Uncouple unit and park up and sleep for several hours

cgscott:

robroy:

2 questions.
And.

Stop whinging [zb] and be done with it.

Whatever you say babes.
This won’t apply to you anyway with your van. :wink:

There’s been a few places I’ve been recently that normally are very strict on having you sitting in the waiting room, keys handed in (Amazon bolton being one) and they are allowing you to drop the trailer and pull the unit forward, still hand the keys in but then sit in your cab.

To me that makes the most the sense. It’s safe as far as they are concerned as the trailer is disconnected and keys are in and then from drivers point of view doesn’t have to sit in some waiting room.

Why the likes of screwfix make you remove your air line and put on a suzie lock, hand your keys in, yet you still can’t sit in your cab (I don’t know if that’s changed for now?) I’ll never know.

Not used to doing the RDCs but since China crisis kicked off I’ve been in and out of a few regular,Only place I hate is Nisa at Scunthorpe,I queued for nearly an hour one night just to book in.
Poor chap in front of me was arguing with battle axe on goods in asking for his notes back because he was running out of time,she said you shouldn’t come in if your short of time Which he replied I wasn’t short of time when I came in 4 hours ago…
Horrible place…

Yorkielad:
Not used to doing the RDCs but since China crisis kicked off I’ve been in and out of a few regular,Only place I hate is Nisa at Scunthorpe,I queued for nearly an hour one night just to book in.
Poor chap in front of me was arguing with battle axe on goods in asking for his notes back because he was running out of time,she said you shouldn’t come in if your short of time Which he replied I wasn’t short of time when I came in 4 hours ago…
Horrible place…

+1, surprised that she is still there after the number of complaints, havent been for a couple of years but she still sets the bar for downright nastiness and ignorance.

peeej48:

Yorkielad:
Horrible place…

+1, surprised that she is still there after the number of complaints, havent been for a couple of years but she still sets the bar for downright nastiness and ignorance.

What about that sour faced cow who used to be at Aldi Livingston, about 5 to 10 yrs ago, or was it Lidl,… one of those self tip ■■■■ places anyhow, is it still there?
I’m sure it was a bloke in drag or a trans job blagging it. :smiley:
I would be reluctant to take it on anyway… …about as pleasant as genital warts she/he was. :unamused:…then there was the old witch at Bookers round the corner, whob looked ■■■■■■■■ frustrated in need of some action…God forbid. :open_mouth:

^^^
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I think you mean Lidl, and yes, she is still there. She even made the switch to their new Eurocentral RDC. I’ve seen the way she speaks to drivers, and if she was a man, she would have been dragged through that window and kicked up and down that warehouse about 1000 times by now. Once she gets to knows your face from going there regular, she mellows out a bit with you and isn’t actually that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
^^^
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I think you mean Lidl, and yes, she is still there. She even made the switch to their new Eurocentral RDC. I’ve seen the way she speaks to drivers, and if she was a man, she would have been dragged through that window and kicked up and down that warehouse about 1000 times by now. Once she gets to knows your face from going there regular, she mellows out a bit with you and isn’t actually that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon I’d be nervous and on my guard if that ‘mellowed out’ with me. :open_mouth: :laughing:

At our place since the plague struck we require drivers to drop their trailers and park away from them. They can keep their keys and even leave site and go off wherever they want tbh.

I’m shunting next week so I’m going to have the delights of explaining via the medium of hand signals, mime and threats what is expected of them. In fairness drivers of any nationality who drive for British companies have no problem with this as I assume dropping and picking up various trailers kinda goes with the territory. The problems start with foreign hauliers who probably never drop their trailers for months on end.

Makes for entertaining viewing anyway.

Sainsbury’s at Waltham Point make you put a padlock on the red airline after removal and sit in the passenger seat, where the hell am I going after the red airlines been taken off anyway?

DAF95XF:
Sainsbury’s at Waltham Point make you put a padlock on the red airline after removal and sit in the passenger seat, where the hell am I going after the red airlines been taken off anyway?

Exactly.

Like screwfix. Remove your red line and use the the fail safe suzie lock system to lock it off. Fine not got an issue with that. Then go to the office to hand in the key for the suzie lock and the vehicle keys. Hmmm ok I can accept the suzie lock key and if you must have my vehicle keys still then yeah whatever.

Right I’ll go back to sit in my cab then…no you can’t do that you have to do now sit in our waiting room. But the red line is locked and you’ve got my keys so it’s literally not possible for my vehicle to be moved. We don’t care all common sense is now out of the window and you must sit in this waiting room. :unamused: :unamused:

DickyNick:

DAF95XF:

Exactly.

Like screwfix. Remove your red line and use the the fail safe suzie lock system to lock it off. Fine not got an issue with that. Then go to the office to hand in the key for the suzie lock and the vehicle keys. Hmmm ok I can accept the suzie lock key and if you must have my vehicle keys still then yeah whatever.

Right I’ll go back to sit in my cab then…no you can’t do that you have to do now sit in our waiting room. But the red line is locked and you’ve got my keys so it’s literally not possible for my vehicle to be moved. We don’t care all common sense is now out of the window and you must sit in this waiting room. :unamused: :unamused:

Yep :neutral_face: …thing is they employ guys specially to spend their time coming up with these bloody stupid things (btw what a gig eh?..sure as hell on more money than a driver) problem is they’re running out of ideas, so consequently becoming more ridiculous in their plight to justify their non job…(ref eg…walking around Lafarge with a Zimmer frame with an orange flashing light, that’s the one that wins the gold medal. :laughing: )

So then these firms have to implement these things until they become the norm amongst the staff, so the futility of it is lost, and they actually forget the actual reason for doing it.

So as you say, red line off, suzie lock, wheels clamped, keys handed in, every Avenue covered…but you STILL have to sit in a cramped unpleasant uncomfortable ■■■■ hole in case you move your truck forward . :open_mouth:
Good old UK h&s. :unamused: / good old UK drivers putting up with any old crap without question… :unamused:

DAF95XF:

Well, you could do what we use to do, Shunter at an Establishment, would say split load, when done here drive over to their, right okay, here’s ya keys, push shunt valve in, leave salvo on, worked okay,till a pointy shoes twigged what was going on. Major enquiry, but the fluffy kittens didn’t get hurt.